Shipping & Procurement Specialist
- BBBH811439 Mar 29, 2022 Competitive
Exciting opportunity for a supply chain professional to join a Cork based pharmaceutical company as a Shipping and Procurement Specialist. This is a permanent position.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the specialist will have responsibility for assisting with the sourcing of new suppliers and engaging in negotiations in relation to price, quality and delivery.
- Confirm receipt, storage, handling and distribution of raw materials and finished goods in compliance with cGMP and GDP systems and procedures.
- Preparation of shipments of APIs
- Ensuring all export documentation complies with local and international requirements.
- Monitoring movements of goods to ensure transit times and shipping schedule dates are adhered to.
- Sourcing of suitable suppliers to meet all materials requirements
- Assisting in negotiating in relation to price, quality, delivery and ensuring that these are in line with company objectives and policies
- Raising and managing purchases requisitions/orders for plant raw materials, plant services, maintenance and engineering supplies and spares, laboratory consumables, plant capital items, in conformation with company purchasing policy.
- Verifying timely and accurate delivery of goods/services as per purchase orders
- Inventory management - record stock movement activity on computerised system, liaising with production on materials consumption, monitor and control inventories of raw materials, W.I.P. and finished goods
- Generate end of month reports on inventory movement - quantity and value
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification in Supply Chain/ Procurement
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt - advantageous
- 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Previous experience using SAP is essential
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Supply Chain Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300