- JN -012024-1954403
- Jan 19, 2024
- €70k - €90k
An Irish Government body are searching for a Senior Project Manager to join their construction and maintenance team for Capital Projects in the the Munster area.
Role: Senior Technical Project Manager
Location: Cork City based with some travel to Kerry
Salary: €75-80k DOE plus expenses
Contract: 12 months initially with excellent opportunity for long term extension
Our client is involved in Capital Works Projects across a number of facilities in the Cork & Kerry region. They require a Senior Project Manager with an extensive knowledge of the Irish Construction industry. Experience across the following areas is beneficial - commercial fit out, retrofitting and upgrading, minor civils works, HVAC systems, maintenance, landscaping etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing the preparation of a comprehensive brief for the projects in consultation with services and capital & estates personnel and advisors.
- Complying with all regulatory requirements including permission, licences, certificates and approvals.
- Acting as senior administrative officer for the management of the project and helping to resolve quickly such issues as may be for resolution and agreement.
- Advising on the selection of Design Teams, other professional services and Contractors for Capital Projects
- Arranging for preparation of specifications, drawing and contract documents
- Developing proposals with selected design teams and contractors.
- Co-ordinating the tender and control stages of the project.
- Supervising staff and contractors in the implementation of agreed programmes.
- Managing and controlling agreed project timescales and budgets for planning, design and construction
- Managing and controlling expenditure on each assigned project
- Advising line management on measures appropriate to enable the orderly phasing out of services in old facilities and the transfer to new facilities of staff and services.
- Ensuring appropriate maintenance arrangements are put in place for new buildings
- Level 8 Qualification in an Engineering or Construction discipline
- At least 7 years experience with main contractor or consultancy on large scale projects
- Experience with the construction of buildings or in the installation or maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, and heating services of such buildings
- More than proficient knowledge of Irish Building Regulations and Engineering Standards
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Consultant | Construction & Property Recruitment