- Cork City
- JN -092023-1947427
- Nov 17, 2023
- €50k - €70k
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Site Engineer to join one of Ireland's leading building and civil engineering contractors with multiple high profile projects in Cork.
Position: Senior Site Engineer
Salary : €60-70k DOE plus bonus,pension and car allowance
The main responsibilities include:
- Manage construction works on site to ensure that they are completed safely in line with the program & in accordance with the project drawings, specifications & Building Regulations.
- Assume day-to-day management of the site technical & engineering requirements (RFIs, Submittals, Shop Drawings, Design Team Workshops, etc.).
- Ensure quality control measures on the site are implemented and are in line with the overall BCAR plan for the project.
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors in the planning & construction of the project.
- Support the Project Manager/Contracts Manager to ensure that works are completed as per programme, on budget to a high standard.
- Identify any information gaps, develop solutions and rectify in conjunction with the project and design teams.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the construction project team and subcontractors.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Third level qualification in Engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of various types of construction and construction techniques.
- Competent in all aspects of set out, survey & level, temporary works co-ordination.
- Strong numeracy and report writing skills.
- Ability to formulate plans and execute in line with budget and timeline.
- Ability to make informed decisions & know when to escalate.
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Project, (or similar scheduling package).
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Consultant | Construction & Property Recruitment