Senior Desktop Support & Systems Administrator
- BBBH802899 Jan 05, 2022 Competitive
An excellent opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer to work for a leading Technology company in Cork on a permanent basis.
You will be working in a small team on the Service Desk, providing first- and second-line support to users both onsite and remotely. Your main responsibilities will be providing first time fixes where possible, commissioning and building user equipment and triaging and escalating tickets when required. The ideal candidate will require a broad technical knowledge, is highly customer focused and can self-motivate to continuously improve the delivery of IT services for the company.
- Must desire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced work environment where priorities are constantly changing is essential
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload.
- Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach.
- Be customer focussed and passionate in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service.
- Capable of building productive relationships internally and externally across management and functional levels.
- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction
- Foster Teamwork, work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Provide primary IT support for local and remote users by responding to IT support queries received via telephone, email, online or desk visits
- Good knowledge of Cloud technologies, experience of working and supporting Office 365 environment is a big advantage
- Proven Technical experience in a Windows environment including configuration and troubleshooting
- Proven experience of configuring and supporting MAC OS
- Proven experience of scripting is a distinct advantage
- Proven experience of setting up and supporting printingF services
- Good understanding of Networking along with Audio / Visual Systems
- Diagnose and resolve hardware faults such as PC's, screens, printers, phones etc.
- First line of support for software issues and/or failures. Troubleshoot application problems independently, resolving or escalating as required. Engaging appropriate IT colleagues when required
- Mobile device - Windows mobiles - iPhone, Android and Intune Mobile Device Management
- Proven experience of with various application packages, MS office, Antivirus and security software along with supporting business applications such as Oracle, Zyme etc
- Ability to work independently and think outside the box to bring problems to a successful resolution
- Work with the global and local IT team to deploy new systems and services across EMEA
- Train the user community on new systems and security procedures
- Ensure that the support of End User systems meets the continual need of the business and executive team, acting as an ambassador for End User Experience
Skills & Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience of Desktop support working directly with a local user base along with experience of supporting remote users
- Microsoft MCSE or, A+ certification - minimum or bachelor's degree from an accredited University/College is preferred
- Office365, MAC OS, Scripting
- Excellent technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- A strong customer-focused communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300