- BBBH811217 Mar 28, 2022 Competitive
A brilliant opportunity for a Junior/Intermediate Construction Professional to work as part of a Capital Projects Team in the Cork and Kerry region
Our client is searching for a Junior/Intermediate Construction Professional who can join their Capital Projects Team for the Cork and Kerry areas. The right candidate will have at least 2 years' experience in a position within the construction, engineering, or maintenance sectors.
The Capital Projects Team provides a range of professional, technical, project management, property, energy, sustainability fire and safety and related services in respect of the procurement, development, operation, and maintenance of the company's physical infrastructure - including lands, buildings, plant and equipment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provide technical services and assistance as directed for the development and execution of major & minor capital projects in Acute and Non -Acute settings as follows :
- Assist in preparation of a comprehensive brief for the projects in consultation with services and estates personnel and advisors.
- Assist in the selection of Design Teams, other professional services and Contractors for Capital projects by arranging and managing the procurement processes.
- Assist in defining requirements for design services, buildings and equipment.
- Assist in managing and controlling agreed project timescales and budgets for planning, design , construction and equipping to agreed quality standards
- Property management and technical advisory services as deemed appropriate for the management of the healthcare estate property portfolio within their assigned area.
- Provide Technical Support role to other estates personnel and service personnel as required.
- Discussing fire precaution and safety measures and their priorities as applicable with the Local Authority Fire Officer in the area in association with the companies Fire Prevention Officers , Service Manager and other relevant Managment staff.
- Hold a Level 8 (or higher) Quality & Qualifications Ireland major academic award in Architecture, Engineering or Surveying accredited by the relevant Professional Institute.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a construction or engineering related sector
- Possess excellent administrative and organisational skills with experience in using AutoCad, BIM, Revitt etc.
- Possess a good working knowledge of legislation and technical guidance in the estates area including Building, Planning, Health & Safety and Fire Safety Regulations.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Construction & Property Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300