Automation Systems Engineer - Clare
- BBBH773191 Jan 12, 2021 Competitive
This person would be required to take a lead role in the design of manufacturing equipment from initialisation to final handover
We're looking for an experienced Systems Engineer who is looking to develop and implement vision system solutions for areas such as medical device, aerospace and automotive industries.
- Define Control Platforms and Deliver Software Developments for new equipment designs
- Develop New PLC, HMI/SCADA, Database Code or portion of Code according to User Requirement Specifications.
- Contribute the Electrical and Safety design of new Equipment and equipment upgrades.
- Ensure best machine control practices are employed in new designs and updates.
- Work closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Participate on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Manage projects and portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Determine Project schedules and work with the team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Participate in Equipment Troubleshooting Activity.
- Engineer Degree equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience of PLC Programming for Machine Automation
- Experience HMI/SCADA Design (Rockwell / Factorytalk)
- Experience in Java, C++ or similar is an advantage.
- Project Management Skills
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Technical Writing skills.
- Good multi-tasking and prioritisation skills.
- Must be a good team player and show ability and willingness to motivate and support other engineers.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300