- BBBH797427 Jan 21, 2022 Competitive
Our client is a well-respected, mid-sized independent regional firm that specializes in professional accounting, taxation, and business advisory services.
Senior Accountant - Public Company
Outside of the Big 4, our client is considered to be the next biggest accounting firm in B.C. Their culture offers employees a balanced lifestyle, including a flexible work schedule in the summer, with ample room for personal and professional growth.
Whether you a currently based in B.C, or thinking about relocating there*, our client's opportunity will appeal to talented individuals who share their desire to be the best.
Reporting to the Manager/Senior Manager, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for completing routine and complex engagements, as well as managing client interactions and the coordination of junior team members.
- Understand the client's business, identify issues, and suggest improvements
- Produce concise and complete reports for review by the engagement manager
- Train and mentor junior team members
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Ensure compliance with internal control and policies
- Perform various analyses and prepare account reconciliations
- Promote the firm's Quality Control Standards
- Designated CPA
- 1-2 years of experience post-designation
- 3+ years of experience with public company work.
- Expert knowledge of relevant accounting principles and GAAP
- A year of experience managing/mentoring Junior Accountants.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Familiarity of accounting systems and Microsoft Office
*Immigration support can be provided to those coming from outside of Canada and looking to reside in B.C.
Senior Consultant - Finance - Morgan McKinley