- JN -012024-1954604
- Jan 23, 2024
- €50k - €70k
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of current security threats and the ability to stay informed of emerging threats within the financial industry.
Our client is one of Ireland's leading retail and SME banks. Their focus is centred on ensuring we deliver what our customers, colleagues and communities need to be successful.
In line with their growth ambitions, our client has embarked on a significant digital transformation programme which will lead to enhanced customer experience, through re-development of the delivery channels and the ongoing evolution of the bank's infrastructure and operations in order to provide cost-effective, secure and resilient services to our customers.
A strong cyber security ecosystem underpins the day-to-day operations of the Bank and enables these growth ambitions. Accordingly, our client is seeking a Red Team Analyst to join the Red team within their Cyber Defence Centre. The ideal candidate will be responsible for organizing and conducting goal-based red team exercises, coordinating external red team engagements, collaborating with the blue team to conduct ongoing purple team exercises based on evolving threats and identified control gaps, and producing high-quality, actionable reports.
Our client values a diverse mix of experience and perspectives and would encourage you to apply even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements outlined below.
In joining, you would join a financial institution large enough to make a difference but small enough for your work to be noticed and to have a tangible impact on the success of their business. They offer:
- hybrid working;
- excellent career progression;
- training and development opportunities; and a
- full package of benefits.
You will report to the Cyber Defence Red Team Manager. You will work closely with the Blue Team and Cyber Threat Intelligence Team, as well as, the Bank's IT operations teams.
- Assist in the development and execution of Red Team and Purple Team exercises using proven methodologies, tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) to demonstrate the risks associated with real-world advanced persistent threats (APTs)
- Identify vulnerabilities, control gaps, and potential attack vectors within the Bank environment.
- Collaborate with external red team partners to ensure effective and comprehensive engagements.
- Recommend fixes and mitigation for identified vulnerabilities, and produce comprehensive and accurate reports detailing the results of exercises, including vulnerabilities, risks, and proposed mitigations, and highlighting larger thematic improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within an organization.
- Investigate toolset and process improvements with respect to red teaming e.g
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement within the Cyber Defence Team.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to assess and summarise technical information effectively to different constituencies such as Threat Intelligence Manager, Blue Team, executive management and technical staff, both in written and verbal forms.
- 5 years experience in cybersecurity, with a focus on red team, purple team, or penetration testing activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in managing third party vendors.
- Knowledge of server (Linux, Windows) and client (Windows, macOS, Linux) operating systems and networks or technical knowledge in system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography and application security.
- Strong understanding of security principles, attack methodologies, and vulnerability assessment techniques.
- Knowledge of advanced cyber threats, adversary methodologies, and cyber threat intelligence.
- Experience in red teaming, penetration testing, and/or cyber threat hunting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security or a related field.
- Professional security certifications, such as GCIH, CEH, CPT, CISSP are preferred.
- Background in intrusion detection, security investigations, and incident response
- Experience in incident response and threat hunting
- Experience with common red team tooling platforms, such as Cobalt Strike, Sliver, etc and delivering attack simulations using BAS (Breach and attack simulation) tools.
- Exploitation experience with Active Directory / Azure Active Directory, containerization platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.), and major cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience working closely with defenders to identify and fix problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of attack surfaces for enterprise systems and services.
- Knowledge of Mitre ATT&CK and familiarity with emulation tools - i.e. Mitre Caldera, Metta, APT Simulator, AttackIQ
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.