VP - Financial Reporting, Fund Services
Hong Kong SAR
- BBBH828272 Sep 14, 2022 Competitive
A Top tier global Investment bank is looking for a VP level candidate to lead their Financial reporting function under their Regional Fund Operations Services team
- Take leadership role between internal & external parties (Clients, Fund Managers, Relationship Managers, Client Service etc.) to handle accounting or product-related issues that may arise and ensure there is path to green.
- Production and validation of a suite of IFRS-compliant and regulatory reports timely and accurately.
- Take full ownership for all reporting activities, hub governance and project management of service change request.
- Ongoing analysis of client accounting records and escalation, where appropriate, of any potential issues identified
- Coordination of visits to accounting clients, for periodic service reviews, accounting/ technology training etc
- Maintenance of an orderly set of records for each client, including client service level agreements, to facilitate query management and internal or external audits
- Support of the continuous development of processes & controls within the group
- Training & development of junior members of the group
- University graduate with major in Finance/Accounting/ Computer Science/ Mathematics preferred
- 10+ years of expereince in financial institution and at least 3 years in a manager role with strong leadership skill; Open to Straight Big 4 candidates who have solid experience serving Fund services clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with operational experience in other products such as Investment Compliance (post trade monitoring - understanding of investment guidelines/breach investigation process) &/or Performance Analytics (performance analysis/reporting) process/platforms is preferred.
- Knowledge of stock market practices & data vendor systems (e.g. Bloomberg).
- Good understanding of security types and their accounting treatment. Experience of IFRS / IAS is an advantage.
- Detailed understanding of MS Office applications (Excel, VBA, Access, Word etc.)
- Fluency in written & spoken English & Mandarin; Thai/ Korean/ Japanese language skill is an advantage.
Managing Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment