Senior Legal Counsel(Insurance and Funds)
- BBBH783227 Jun 01, 2021 HK$101k -120k pm
Attractive senior legal counsel(sole counsel) for a leading insurer in Hong Kong, working alongside with the compliance team and report to Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Provide legal advice on all relevant legal matters to all levels of the Company with a focus on insurance law, general company and business law, intellectual property law and data privacy related areas etc.
- Draft and review contractual documentation including but not limited to general commercial agreements, partnership and intermediary agreements, insurance policy provisions and others.
- Manage and oversee litigation matters and make appropriate advice to minimize legal risk exposures and actions.
- Conduct due diligence of the company.
- Work closely with and provide guidance to other team members to ensure the requirements of Companies Ordinance and Insurance Ordinance, investment linked scheme-related guidelines issued by the Insurance Authority and the SFC are complied.
- Ensure the relevant internal legal and intellectual property policy of the Company is complied.
- Provide quality interpretation of consultative and other documents issued by legislative and regulatory bodies by analyzing impact on the Company's business and preparing responses for issuance externally.
- Qualified solicitor admitted in Hong Kong, with PCLL qualification
- Minimum of 10 years PQE with relevant working experience in insurance companies
- Held similar position in an in-house environment or private practise with insurance focus
- Experience in negotiating and completing supplier and other third party commercial agreements
- Hands-on experience in drafting and reviewing of insurance policy provisions and commenting marketing literatures for insurance products
- Hands-on experience dealing with the Insurance Authority, the Securities & Futures Commission and legal enforcement bodies
- A team player, able to communicate legal issues clearly to the stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS applications including Chinese Word Processing
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Managing Consultant | Legal, Risk & Compliance Recruitment
+852 3907 3970