A leading US investment bank is looking for a technology Business Analyst expert with bank wide exposure to join their technology team
About the company.
Our client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, institutional securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions, and individuals.
About the team.
The team growing program of work within China, Reengineering, and expense management (REM) is looking for a Technology Business Analyst to support various workstreams, with regards to the technology space (systems and applications). This opportunity will also provide the individual with a chance to work with senior members of the firm to drive key business initiatives and collaborate across the region.
About the job.
* Business Analyst on cross team projects spanning various REM groups such as Accounts Payable, Firmwide Sourcing, Source 2 Pay, Third Party Program Management, Global Market Data, etc.
* Analyse current system and applications landscape (including upstream and downstream system dependencies)
* Draft business requirements for REM activities and onshore applications in China
* Conduct market research and vendor due diligence in to evaluate new vendors for China
* Support RFP process, in close collaboration with the Sourcing team
* Closely collaborate with teams from Technology, Risk Management, and various business units to oversee and track the technology initiatives being delivered for REM and the business units
* Support the development and implementation of revised China TOM in China
Skills & Experiences required.
* Minimum of 6-8 years professional experience, preferably at a major management consulting firm, financial institution, or technology company
* Knowledge of the financial services industry preferrable
* Affinity for technology (applications, systems)
* Strong analytic and problem solving/process improvement skills; ability to learn quickly and connect the dots
* Excellent verbal and written skill with ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate, and tailored to the audience, high attention to details
* Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
* Self-starter: ability to work independently and drive projects without much guidance
* Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) essential
* Strong knowledge of China market, including the associated regulations (data storage, data sharing, outsourcing)