- JN -072022-1648325
- May 10, 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for a Python Engineer in Toronto.
Our client is building the first employee-centric, holistic mobility platform designed to power the next generation of smart commuting. By automating the work of entire transportation teams and packing the expertise of commute planners into a simple, plug-and-play solution, this company makes it easy to design, launch, and manage smarter, impactful commuter programs all in one place. They are looking for a software engineer with experience building web applications at scale to join our team as a Founding Engineer..
You will work closely with the rest of the founding team and lead the charge on our backend systems. This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to be at the ground floor of a game-changing company on a mission to disrupt what they believe will be the largest transformation since the Internet.
Stuff You'll Be Doing :
- Ship high-impact features in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Responsible for architecting and maintaining large portions of the infrastructure
- Setting up and maintaining engineering processes as the company scales.
- Provide technical feedback to engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and team problem-solving sessions
- Set a high bar for execution, both in terms of quality and speed.
- Write clean, robust code built for scalability and performance
- Hiring, cultivating, and mentoring new engineers (and other team members) as they join the team.
- Join the founding team and be a part of all major future decisions
The person we need:
- 3+ years of experience in backend or full-stack development.
- Have worked in or led teams with a strong demonstrated ability to ship high-quality products.
- The ability to take ownership of and lead the design for large-scale backend systems and infrastructure.
- Strong design and development experience with Python & Django REST or similar frameworks/languages like Ruby on Rails or Java.
- Experience with web frameworks, web services, API design, and development.
- Strong background and experience in using git, version control, performing code reviews, and comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are highly motivated, have a strong sense of ownership, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Previous founding/startup experience or an itch to start a company in the future. We will invest in you!
MMG is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.