City of London
- BBBH777282 Mar 31, 2021 £100k - £120k
Rare role available as a Senior Legal Counsel for a leading specialised payments platform with a specific focus on supporting the cryptocurrency and stock trading division
Summary of the role
This role will have a specific focus on supporting the cryptocurrency and stock trading function of the business. The business has over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over US $98 billion, and approximately 3,000 employees located in 12+ global locations.
- Provide commercial legal and regulatory advice to a dynamic business operating in multiple jurisdictions
- Draft and negotiate agreements with commercial partners as well as customer-facing terms and conditions
- Support and advise the business teams on the applicable legal and regulatory framework in the relevant territories
- Advise the business on the legal aspects of new product development and new product delivery channels
- Instruct and manage external legal counsel (often in numerous international jurisdictions)
- Address general or ad-hoc commercial legal queries from internal business stakeholders
- Assisting with the know-how, professional development and knowledge management needs of the Legal
- Assist in the development of standard departmental procedures and controls
- A qualified lawyer with at least 6 years' post-qualification experience
- Recent experience working in an in-house environment in the cryptocurrency and/or stock trading sector is critical to this role
- Proven experience in providing commercially focused legal advice
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts; financial services regulation and in particular e-money and payment services regulation; card scheme rules
- A commercial mindset
- Ability to think creatively to achieve the commercial objectives of the business
- Ability to deliver legal advice in the appropriate commercial context and within tight timeframes
- Good presentation, communication and negotiation skills - able to influence and persuade in decision making processes both internally and externally and build and maintain good relationships at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills - able to handle multiple priorities
If you think you may be the right fit for this role, please do not hesitate to get in touch as soon as possible and/or to send your CV to Pippa Campbell (Legal Recruitment Consultant) at Morgan McKinley to discuss further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Recruitment Consultant (Legal) | Solicitor
+44 (0)20 7092 0133