Sample UX Designer Job Description
Who We Are
At Morgan McKinley, we never lose sight of the role we play connecting talent with opportunities to solve the problems of today and tomorrow. Every individual in our business strives to go beyond for our clients and candidates to provide expert advice and become the trusted partner of choice.
Wherever you work in our business, you will have the opportunity to bring new ideas to continuously improve our service and deliver real value to our customers.
Together we go beyond.
We help organisations build their talent capability. Connecting people with opportunities.
Improving lives - Our People. Our Clients. Our Candidates.
Always embracing change
Always building trust
As a UX Designer you will be exploring all the different approaches to solving a specific user problem ensuring our products make sense to the users by creating a path that logically flows from one step to the next.
You will be working in our highly collaborative UX team directly reporting to the Head of UX and closely collaborating with the UI team, Graphic Designers, Copywriters and Product Managers.
- Evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Considering existing applications and evaluating their UX effectiveness
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- User testing of applications, websites and software
- Close collaboration with creative teams and graphic designers to incorporate a visual and brand identity into the finished product
- Designing wireframes
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Create responsive designs that work flawlessly across web, mobile and tablet interfaces
- Taking a user-centred design approach
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Preparing and present drafts to internal teams and stakeholders
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Adhering to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- 3+ years working as a UX Designer or in a similar role
- Familiar with Axure, Sketch or InVision
- Research skills in both quantitative and qualitative user research
- Hands on experience sketching user stories, personas, user journeys, prototyping, logos, IXD maps
- Designing and carrying out usability test metrics
- Good understanding of layouts, navigation, architecture and interactivity of different development frameworks and interfaces
- Experience using HTML, CSS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interactive media, Design, Design Computing, Multimedia Design or relevant degree.
- Postgraduate degree in Interactive media, Design, Design Computing, Multimedia Design or relevant degree.
Hiring a UX Designer?
Our specialised recruitment teams are drawing on over 30 years’ experience in finding the right candidates for your industry. We pre-screen and meet with candidates before matching them with your business so that you are presented with only the best of the best to choose from.Find Talent