- JN -012023-1922805
- Jan 25, 2023
- £30k - £35k
Morgan McKinley is looking for a Cost Analyst required for a well-established business based in Chippenham on a permanent basis to ensure accurate financial reporting supporting the company's continui
Morgan McKinley is looking for a Cost Analyst required for a well-established business based in Chippenham on a permanent basis to ensure accurate financial reporting supporting the company's continuing success. The successful candidate will be responsible for cost reporting, tracking those costs within their relevant departments and managing those cost against budget. They will also get responsibility for head count analysis and will be offered the opportunity and training to become an expert on BI tools. The successful candidate should be forward thinking and with a willingness to learn. In return they will be offered a competitive salary, study support and a comprehensive benefits package in a vibrant, friendly, and growing organisation.
You will be tasked with the following:
· Responsible for preparing the monthly P&Ls for G&A departments, as part of the monthly management accounts preparation, ensuring the provision of accurate, relevant, and timely information to the business, including actual performance, and forecast ensuring variance analysis to budget and forecast are provided.
· Maintain timely accurate recording of costs through creation of accruals and re-forecast based on the latest information provided by the business.
· Responsible for the Budgeting, Financial forecasting, and scenario analysis relating to Central G&A departments and provide consolidated Group reporting.
· Attend and lead regular meetings with Corporate Budget holders to review spend to date and ensure forecast accuracy.
· Provide financial decision-making support and ad-hoc analysis to Corporate Budget holders.
· Identify opportunities / risks to the business forecast.
· Responsible for the Group headcount model for Budget/forecast and actuals through the year.
· Attending HR meetings and business partnering with the HR team.
· Support the Senior FP&A Analyst with insight and creation of presentations to report to SLT.
· Use BI tools to investigate and manipulate financial data in an efficient way to provide analysis and ad hoc data requests.
· Design and automate report creation to improve insight and efficiencies to support Corporate Budget holders to self-serve.
· Business process improvement - utilising your experience and business knowledge to challenge and improve the financial reporting, analysis and planning processes and outputs we deliver to senior management and across the group.
· Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
· Provide high quality ad-hoc analysis as required.
What you will need:
· Part qualified accountant.
· Background in financial or management accounting.
· Strong excel skills and confident at maintaining a financial model and cost trackers.
· Proven track record of business partnering, or demonstrable background of communicating financial information to non-finance stakeholders.
· Background in Industry.
· Knowledge of using ERP/Accounting Systems (knowledge of Microsoft D365 an advantage).
What you will get:
· Salary up to £32,000 DoE
· Share Option Scheme
· Up to 10% employer pension contribution
· 25 days Annual Leave plus bank holidays
· Discretionary bonus
· Private Healthcare
· Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme and more
If you would like to find out more, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Consultant | Accounting & Finance Recruitment