- JN -032023-1927424
- Mar 17, 2023
- £40k - £45k
Morgan McKinley are recruiting for a VAT specialist to join a growing team in Gatwick ideally suited to a part-qualified aca or graduate.
This role will provide VAT compliance and advisory services for a wide range of corporate clients in the FTSE100, FTSE250, AIM and private equity backed and privately owned businesses.
What makes this role unique and exciting is the immediate opportunity to apply compliance & technical knowledge to advisory work on behalf of clients.
This client facing advisory exposure combined with the professional study support will allow the individual to be ideally placed to progress to management.
Salary & Benefits
- Study support for ACCA or CTA
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- UK VAT experience/knowledge is desirable but not essential.
- Expeirence working on advanced Excel (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, Macros)
- Background in accounting would be beneficial ACCA Part-Qualified or Bsc Graduate
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- To act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner.
- This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
- There will be an expectation that you will eventually take full responsibility for project delivery on their portfolio
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
- Liaise with tax authorities
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
- Develop new processes that will introduce efficiencies with work delivery
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principle/ Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
For any further information on this VAT specialist opportunity or any other Tax opportunities please apply below.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Senior Consultant | In-House Tax