- JN -012024-1953997
- Jan 15, 2024
An experienced NPD Manager looking for an exciting career move is required to lead a high-performing NPD team within a progressive business in the food industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a high performing NPD team within a fast-paced, innovative environment. This is a very progressive business, with its focus clearly on the customer and an outstanding product. This role will be responsible for the company's Product Development department, working with other members of the management team to continue to develop the company and its portfolio of innovative products for different markets and customers.
- To ensure the business is at the forefront of innovation and aware of current food trends.
- To ensure that all new products are developed in line with customer product briefs.
- Manage customer interaction and expectations regarding product quality on new product development projects.
- Development of new and existing products including packaging
- Manage the NPD team and lead the development and understanding of technologies and evaluation of equipment
- Champion existing and new product's change implementation
- All projects must be commercially sound and workable within the manufacturing facility
- To take accountability and ownership of the NPD process ensuring the critical path is manged on multiple projects with key milestones achieved
- Work cross-functionally across numerous departments such as Quality, Operations & Purchasing to ensure projects run smoothly, on time, in scope & adhere to agreed project performance targets
- Ensure that the NPD and operations team work with collaboratively with a customer focus and a "can-do" attitude challenging capability
- To clearly communicate development briefs (product, price and technical requirements) to stakeholders and have constant communication through the entire development process maintaining a 'Trust' relationship with the customer
- Innovation & Market Awareness - To ensure a rolling NPD programme aligned with customer requirements
- To lead innovation and improvement projects delivering concise findings to allow the business to make clear decisions.
Education & Experience:
- Third level, preferably food science degree or related area.
- 5 Years' experience in R&D, Product Development
- Experience in an NPD leading role
- Great project & time management skills
- Skills & experience of customer relationship management and presentations
- Drive & focus to go out & seek new ideas and drive to launch
- Need to be creative and have a thirst for knowledge
- Not afraid to challenge the "norm"
- Passion for food
- Conscientiousness about deadlines with a commitment to accuracy, integrity, and quality.
- Organisational ability and adaptability to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks.
- Computer literate- Good excel, Good word, strong PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Consultant | Life Sciences & Engineering Recruitment