- BBBH779286 Apr 07, 2021 Competitive
Legal counsel sought by global speciality insurer and reinsurer specialising in maritime law for wording and contracts manager position based in Rotterdam
Summary of the role
This senior stand alone role reports to the Head of Broker Relations & Business Development and will support the company's Europe region. The company has over 30 years' experience providing insurance cover to commercial enterprises and reinsurance protection to other insurance companies within the global market.
The legal counsel will be responsible and accountable for the management of insurance wordings and corporate contract management support in order to protect the interests of the business and effectively manage legal liabilities and risks. The scope of the role extends to all Marine products (Hull, Builders Risk, Yachts, Land Equipment, P&I, Cargo,
Cargo Liability, War and Specie). The success of the role will be measured through a positive impact on the company's loss ratio, both from a prevention and mitigation perspective.
1. Wordings & client documentation
- Maintain a repository of the company's wordings and standard client documentation across products & markets.
- Chair the company's wordings & client documentation committee across our product portfolio.
- Ensure a periodic review cycle on company's wordings and client documentation.
- Support the development of new wordings and clauses across the various products.
2. Insurance Licenses, Shipping Regulator registrations & Blue Card registrations
- Support the acquisition and maintenance of insurance licenses, Blue Card registrations, and flag state licenses.
- Provide advice on licenses as and when required. On occasion offer support and advice on sanctions related or fraud/money laundering queries raised.
3. Contract Support
- Provide support in the negotiation and drafting of contracts with external parties, in order to provide insight into possible legal risks and to keep these risks to a minimum.
- Provide support in the negotiation and drafting of contracts with external parties.
- Take the lead in drafting, maintaining and updating the Term of Business Agreements (TOBA's).
4. Knowledge Management
- Ensure the division has adequate knowledge, both legally as well as operationally when it comes to the business of our clients.
- Participate in the sharing of knowledge on a number of key areas.
5. Client & Stakeholder Management
- Represent MSAM NV in external projects, working groups, committees and insurance associations. This includes for example regulation changes such as the GDPR introduction.
- University qualification or equivalent
- Indepth knowledge of English Maritime and Transport contract law
- Excellent commant of English and Dutch (spoken and written)
- Extensive legal work experience across Marine Insurance Industry (not purely as claims handler)
- Willingness to relocate to Rotterdam
- Willingness to travel as required (locally and regionally)
Please get in touch with Pippa Campbell (Legal Recruitment Consultant) at Morgan McKinley to discuss further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Recruitment Consultant (Legal) | Solicitor
+44 (0)20 7092 0133