Associate, Structured Trade Finance Operations
- BBBH812285 Apr 06, 2022 Competitive
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a regional Corporate Bank with strong footprints and relationship in the Asia region.
The Singapore team is looking for an Associate to join their Structured Trade Finance Operations team. Reporting to the Head of Trade Operations, this person will be responsible for supporting the daily BAU operations of the Trade Finance Operations team, primarily as a transactional authoriser.
Role and responsibilities
- Trade Finance (LC/ Guarantee/ Collections/ Bills/ Financing etc.
- Loans (Syndicated and Bilateral Loans)
- Remittances (Inward/ Outward and internal transfers)
- Process, check and authorise all transactions in the Trade Finance Ops team as per the agreed DOA.
- Ensure proper booking of transactions in the system and timely settlement of transactions.
- Ensure timely delivery of documents as per agreed SLAs.
- Appropriate handling of customer's queries and those escalated by the team members.
- Active follow up of transactions relating to the portfolio of clients assigned.
- Ensure proper escalation of issues and that approvals are obtained for any exceptional processing.
- Perform data input for trade finance, loans, fund-transfers and account operations transactions if necessary.
- Investigate on any errors/ discrepancies with transactions including settlements, ledger postings, limits etc.
- Advise customers on transaction-related enquiries and incoming funds.
- Sort, file and retrieve transaction records.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in Trade Operations
- Strong knowledge across Trade Finance products and good understanding of controls around AML/ CFT (Countering the financing of terrorist).
- Prior experience in enhancing, establishing new controls and set up
- University degrees will be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of GTS related products and support (Cash/remittances etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Lending products and support (Syndicated loans and bilateral loans)
- Strong awareness of MAS guidelines and other regulatory requirements.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932
Principle Consultant | Operation & Risk
+65 6818 3140