- BBBH788324 Jul 22, 2021 £40k - £60k
Morgan Mckinley are delighted to be working exclusively with a unique and world leading company to recruit a talented and versatile PR & Communications Manager.
PR & Communications Manager
£45,000 - £50,000 + Bens
We are working exclusively with an innovative high growth Oxfordshire business to recruit a PR & Communications Manager. This is a newly created position to join an established and talented Marketing team and the role will be to develop and execute the public relations programme to promote corporate and product brand awareness and enhance the company narrative in strategic markets.
This role will be the lead on pro-active story generation and develop campaigns to secure positive sentiment in the media, at events and with external influencers.
You will also be responsible for creating compelling content that inspires and excites opinion leaders and influencers and amplifies the business core values.
The main role responsibilities
- Contribute to the definition and delivery of the Group communications strategy through effective PR with responsibility for leading the in-house PR function
- Seek out company stories and PR hooks and craft compelling pitches to secure media interviews, establishing relationships with tier 1 media outlets that put the business on the map and proactively source and react to all media opportunities
- Monitor editoral calendars and manage the content strategy and content creation, drafting materials as required
- Support regional markets in PR activities and manage external agency support, collaborating with the with the wider business divisions to leverage common themes where applicable
- Monitor news trends in the sector and identify how the business can be a thought leader in those conversations
- Develop KPIs including media monitoring and analysis, implement repoting on global coverage and a process to leverage results for continuous improvement in PR outreach
- Seek out and secure speaking opportunities for the Executive team, supporting the delivery of content and presentation material
- Ensure brand and message consistency and alignment across all communication campaigns globally
- Support event and conference participation with robust PR plans for pre, during and post event activities
- Proven experience in a public relations or corporate communications role, client or agency side
- Strong writing skills, experience of drafting press releases, articles, case studies etc. with excellent verbal and proof-reading capabilities
- Experience in press liaison, pitching to journalists and facilitating media interviews
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise - experience in exhibition and event management an advantage
- Delivery and results focused with the ability to pro-actively mobilise a strategy and implement PR and communications tactics
- A natural ability to interact, network and influence peers and senior stakeholders within the organisation and the wider sector
- An organised and methodical approach, with an understanding of matrix organisations where heirarchy is not driven by power but by effectiveness
- Degree or equivalent in media/journalism or a related field
- CIPR qualification an advantage
Interviews will be held w/c 26th July so please get in contact for more information.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Business Manager | Accountancy & Finance Recruiter
+44 1753 201 460