Strategic Partner Manager - Unique opportunity to join one of the Big4 Tech companies - Partnerships Manager - Competitive salary & benefits
Our client is seeking a Strategic Partner Manager within its Sports Partnerships Team, with a focus on Media and Teams. The role is a 12 month contractor role covering for maternity leave, and will report to the Lead for Teams within the EMEA region.
The successful candidate will own relationships with a select group of Media and Teams publishers. They will be tasked with optimizing the use of the company's platforms as a content distribution, fan engagement, and business platform - in a way that benefits publishers, sports fans, and the company itself. The role will be based in London.
Ideal candidates for this role will have an extensive understanding of media objectives and strategies, substantial experience dealing with sports organisations within the region and strong industry relationships. They will be tasked with building successful partnerships that drive business value for the partner and the business. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to showcase a variety of skills - from leading business meetings and presenting, to "hands on" content evaluation and performance analysis.
Passion for the intersection of sports business, media and technology is essential. The role also requires cross-functional collaboration with colleagues in Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Operations to develop strategies, partnerships, products, and new experiences.
* Drive partnership strategy, relationships, and key initiatives related to Media and Team publishers;
* Help organizations understand how to utilize and prioritize the company's platforms as critical tools to grow and engage their fanbase and drive their business objectives;
* Develop innovative partnership solutions utilizing the company's platforms that support the business objectives of sports organisations while promoting great experiences for sports fans;
* Own key day-to-day partnership relationships and operations with a managed partner set;
* Manage projects and programs that scale across the business. For example, planning in the lead up to high profile sporting events; supporting the wellbeing of high-profile users of the company's platforms;
* Work cross-functionally within the business (product, engineering, sales, marketing, operations) to successfully develop and bring integrated solutions to partners;
* Identify and share outstanding partner best practices and case studies to support all of their global sports partners;
* Work with relevant internal teams to ensure that the company is taking partner input into account in relevant product and policy decisions;
* Help support broader strategic initiatives for their global sports team.
* BA/BS degree or higher;
* 4+ years experience in sports/entertainment industry, with a focus on media/digital initiatives and client-facing partnerships preferred;
* Scheduling & travel flexibility to build relationships with publishers and support live events;
* Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects on deadline;
* Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to serve as a spokesperson for the business;
* Outstanding relationship builder;
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans;
* Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, internally and externally;
* Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
* Experience successfully using data and analysis to create and support business narratives.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.