- JN -012024-1953387
- Jan 04, 2024
Morgan McKinley are excited to speak to Data Center Technicians for a leading Tech company based in London!
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world and contribute to their operational excellence.
A Data Center Technician will work as part of the Operations team whose primary responsibility is the maintenance and upkeep of the data center infrastructure. This position requires candidates to be self-starters and highly motivated.
The candidate may be the primary point of contact for both internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Technical Operations) and external customers (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others). Team Members will be working in multifunctional environment and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality.
The position is full time and shift based, operating on a 24*7 rotation. The ideal candidate is someone with hands-on hardware experience.
* Work and meet SLA's against assigned trouble tickets via a directed workflow.
* First line touch point for hardware troubleshooting and technical issues.
* Perform regular server hardware repairs including drives and motherboards
* Carry out routine network, server hardware and software related repairs.
* Work with cross-functional teams on a regular basis.
* Adhere to security and safety best practices.
* Participate in Data Center engineering operations events.
* Participate in daily/weekly team meetings.
* Identify and help create process improvements relevant to the data center
* Interact with third party vendors & contractors.
* Support the development of other team members
* 2+ years of technical experience.
* Intermediate knowledge of computer hardware systems.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to work well with others in a team environment, displaying excellent time
* Ability to take direction from both a directed work system and/or a team lead.
* Working on a 24*7 shift rotation.
* Basic knowledge of Linux is an advantage.
* Basic knowledge of networking is an advantage.
* Experience with one of the following connection protocols/technologies: SSH, TELNET, IPMI, LILO
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Delivery Lead | Technology Recruitment