- JN -012024-1954195
- Jan 17, 2024
Global banking group seeks a Director level Market risk manager as part of their expanding Commodities market risk division to focus on Metals business.
This role is responsible for the market risk control coverage of the commodity trading business with a focus on base metals within Global Markets. The role will identify, monitor, challenge and report the firm's
market risks relating to the commodity trading business across both linear and non-linear traded products, in
line with the market risk policies and risk appetite of the bank.
The role requires ensuring the internal risk controls are aligned with risk regulations pertaining to the UK and
associated regulatory jurisdictions in which bank conduct business. The role will liaise and coordinate within
the QR team with other Risk and Finance departments to ensure consistent adherence to risk policies relating
to trading and banking book products by the business.
The role requires managing timely and accurate aggregated reporting across daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly
and quarterly frequencies. Role coverage includes analysis of new products, where applicable, and escalation of
all key risk issues to senior management stakeholders. This job description will be subject to ad-hoc reviews and
change from time to time.
* Perform daily analysis on the positional risk, VaR/ SVaR, stress scenarios, and escalate issues to
senior management where appropriate.
* Attest to the integrity of the positional risk, VaR/SVaR, and stress scenarios by investigating
underlying causes/changes to the risk in addition to performing key backtesting control
* Risk control within all applicable risk policies and frameworks, and ensure appropriate governance
of these policies.
* Perform appropriate market risk challenge and oversight on stand-alone and portfolio risk.
* Implement, develop, monitor and review appropriate market risk controls and reporting for
applicable trading & banking book portfolios.
* Highlight key risk factors and concentrations and their potential impact on the P&L using risk
* Ensure compliance to the all applicable market risk regulatory standards, firm's risk appetite,
internal supporting risk frameworks, and business strategy.
* Undertake all regulatory risk deliveries, applicable to the role, in accurate and a timely manner.
* Establish strong working relations across QR and other Risk, Finance and Audit functions.
* Prepare appropriate analyses and input into new product and process risk assessments to ensure
ongoing compliance with market risk policies, methodologies and limits under appropriate
* Monitor the markets to pro-actively identify key developments that may impact the market risk
profile of the business.
* Identify Risks not in VaR (RNiV) and escalating such risks to Risk Methodologies & Analytics
* Perform in accordance with outlined objectives discussed and established by your line manager
that satisfy the PMS objectives.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
* Applying market risk disciplines with high standards of delivery.
* Technical market risk experience in Commodities, specifically Metals , with
broad product experience across global markets.
* Current knowledge of all regulatory aspects of market risk management.
* Excellent quantitative and problem solving skills.
* A clear independent and effective communicator, persuasive in inter-personal communication.
* Ability to deliver practical solutions in a demanding high-pressure environment.
* Flexibility to adapt to changing day-to-day priorities whilst simultaneously achieving longer term
project based deadlines.
* Minimum - Degree or equivalent in a Quantitative/Science discipline.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Associate Director | Risk Management Recruitment