International media and digital group is looking for a diligent, sensible and committed assistant company secretary looking to take the next step in their career
About the business
This business is the UK parent company of an international group of some 1,000 entities that provide a broad range of customer solutions across media and digital including planning and buying, creative solutions, customer relationship management and communication strategies through its branded businesses across the global markets in which it operates. They employ 42,000 colleagues around the globe in the EMEA, APAC and Americas across three service lines called Media, Creative and CxM. The ultimate parent company is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
About the role
The Company Secretarial Function in London is part of the global legal function reporting into the General Counsel. The current Assistant Company Secretary is approaching retirement. This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident Company Secretarial Assistant looking to take the next step in their career. You will work on a hybrid basis with 2 to 3 days in the London office and the rest of the week WFH.
The business will be recruiting for a part qualified Company Secretarial Assistant who will be reporting into this role after an initial "settling in" period of both reporting to the Company Secretary.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Manage the statutory compliance of the 70 UK subsidiaries, including Companies House filings and maintaining the corporate database using GEMS
* Ensure statutory books and records for the UK subsidiaries are kept up to date using GEMS
* Draft non-transactional board minutes and shareholder resolutions
* Liaise with colleagues from offices in other jurisdictions and local company secretarial providers so as to provide a quarterly GEMS return to the Secretariat in Tokyo
* Respond to ad hoc requests from colleagues in other jurisdictions: the production of the group's structure charts from GEMS; notarisation/apostille requirements; authorised signatory requests; board minute extracts; certificates of good standing; secretary certificates, auditor requests
* Oversee payment of contributions to one of our UK pension funds each month
* Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders: Legal, Tax, Treasury, Finance, HR and Communications
* Longer term serve management committees: the Working Policy Group Committee and Compliance Committee
* Write process notes in order to populate a Company Secretarial Handbook
Experience and qualifications
* ICSA/ICG fully qualified with 4 - 5 years' relevant experience and looking to gain a wide range of company secretarial experience in a global group
* Able to manage a distinct set of responsibilities autonomously and relish the challenge of building and embedding a stronger governance framework in a thriving business
* Well organised and effective at prioritising competing deadlines
* Excellent computer skills and an interest in improving processes through IT and there may be an opportunity for rationalisation: we use MS Office (Word, PPT, Excel), Outlook, Teams, GEMS and Diligent
* A proactive team player who collaborates
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills
* A commitment to our values and ESG agenda
To discuss this role further, please reach out to Pippa Campbell on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7092 0133.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.