Embedded Software Engineer
- BBBH812130 Apr 05, 2022 Competitive
A fantastic opportunity for a Junior/Intermediate Embedded Software Engineer to join a team working on smart energy technology.
- In the role of embedded software engineer you will:
- Design, develop and deliver robust backend software for embedded IoT systems.
- Enable new hardware devices to be used including adding support for new wired and wireless protocols.
- Perform run-time debugging, performance profiling and optimisation of code.
- Designing and developing hardware drivers that interact with other components and peripherals.
- Working closely with hardware and systems teams developing low-level software, and contributing to future hardware architecture.
- Work with the validation team to ensure the validation of the software meets the customer requirements.
- Create and execute automated unit tests, integration tests and system test scripts.
- Provide 3rd level technical support, when needed.
- Collaborate with other teams located in various countries around the world.
Education & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a similar discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience in programming languages C and C++ for both GNU/Linux systems and bare metal microcontrollers.
- Experience in scripting languages like Bash, Lua, Python or similar.
- Experience working with Linux and Linux-based operating systems.
- Experience with Git, Bitbucket and JIRA.
- Experience in coding real-time, multi-threaded, multi-process, multi-core processor applications.
- Experience in networking protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP and Ethernet
- Basic understanding of electronics and computer architecture fundamentals.
- Understanding of wireless protocols such as Zigbee and Bluetooth would be beneficial.
- Experience with communication protocols such as REST/HTTP, Modbus, SPI, I2C and Serial would be considered a plus
- Experience with Linux kernel and device drivers would also be beneficial.
- Experience with Bitbucket and JIRA.
- You're a quality-focused engineer who demonstrates consistent attention to details.
- You have a positive attitude and do not walk away from challenges.
- You take initiative, ownership and are decisive.
- You are flexible and goal oriented person who can handle shifting priorities and changing scope
- Fluent use of English language.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300