- BBBH801235 Dec 16, 2021 €50k - €70k
This role will form a key part of a growing engineering team, based in Newbridge, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to excel with an exciting globally recognised company.
Accountable for Integrated Manufacturing Excellence (IMEx) continuous improvement processes supporting process centric teams throughout the manufcaturing facility. This includes the implementation and sustainment of continuous improvement, standard work, asset care, structured gemba and data driven decision making elements and the related processes within the manufacturing areas.
The role requires a technical competence level to handle manufacturing process engineering issues, and the ideal candidate should have experience in executing projects in line with lean / six sigma techniques to improve OEE / RTE, schedule adherence & lead time attainment. A good hands-on working knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing practices/principles is required. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and will be recognized as having a high level of knowledge/skill in solid dosage manufacturing.
Project management, tracking, monitoring, and implementing initiatives to improve efficiency will be a key requirement. This role will also support co-ordination in conjunction with Supervisors and Training Specialists the development and planning of training activities to ensure knowledge transfer within and across Operations.
This role will be primarily based on day shift but may need flexibility to attend and support other shifts as required.
Maintain and develop best practices for Continuous Improvement Loops & Standard work processes within process centric teams.
Coach colleagues in M1 tools and data driven decision making to establish true root cause for the elimination of repeat performance issues or deviations.
Collaborate with Process Technologist in support of asset care in conjunction with Operators and Technicians to improve daily operations as measured by SWP and schedule adherence
Coach colleagues in the IMEx ecosystem and ways of working with PCT members
Facilitate CI meetings and structured Gemba processes working with Process Team members to ensure the most effective use of resources.
Provide, timely, on the floor, support as part of the Operations Team leading relevant share of investigations.
Training and knowledge transfer to Process Team members to improve daily operations in Asset Care and Standard Work
Execute responsibilities in line with Right First Time principles
Demonstrating company values and competencies
Provide subject matter expertise and support for systems, technologies and products.
Identify Continuous Improvement opportunities and progress own Continuous Improvement projects.
Participate in decision making in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
Working to support and drive a dynamic process centric team based approach to meet current and future business needs in a high compliance environment.
Work as part of a cross functional team to support resolution of issues as they arise using
Method 1 root cause analysis, FMEA and lean & continuous improvement tools.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
Continuous Improvement & Cost Improvement -
- Employs lean six sigma approach, methodology and techniques to support continuous
Improvement of manufacturing processes
- Seek out best practice and ensure consistent deployment across the site
- Promote continuous improvement culture with all team members
- Facilitate and lead and/or support special initiatives/projects as needed.
- Identifies opportunities and implements operational improvement projects
Team Capability Building, Training and Development -
- Develop, monitor and maintain asset care and standard work programs with OpEx
- Liaise with company SMEs to implement best practices in standard work and asset care team based approaches
Compliance & Quality -
- Operates to cGMP, regulatory, safety and compliance standards
- Promotes and ensures compliance with teams across all manufacturing areas
- Coaches employees on asset care and standard work
- Supports the application of cGMP compliance with respect to employees, shop floor and documentation.
- Assists with troubleshooting of processing difficulties.
- Partners with the Quality, Technology and Operations personnel to investigate Manufacturing Incidents applying tools such as Method 1 and root cause analysis
- Assist with delivery of commitments
Leadership & Team Development -
- Acts as coach and mentor to colleagues as required to support asset care, standard work and continuous improvement programs
Third level Qualification in Science, Engineering or equivalent is preferred, though not essential. Exceptions may be considered where relevant experience and correct attitude and behaviour exist (this may be supplemented by further education in parallel.
A minimum of 2 years' experience working in cGMP manufacturing environment is essential. A track record of achievement and delivering successfully in a team environment is required. An ability to influence others positively is key this position.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
The Engineering Desk in Morgan McKinley has never been busier. If you are interested in new opportunities please feel free to get in touch for a confidential conversation. Live roles here
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300