- BBBH811342 Mar 29, 2022 £45k - £50k
An exciting opportunity for an inspiring Operations Manager to join a growing Manchester based company with ambitious growth plans has emerged
An exciting opportunity for an inspiring Operations Manager to join a growing Manchester based company with ambitious growth plans has emerged.
With a clear progression path to Director level within the medium term, this company offers an amazing culture, benefits as well as mentoring from an inspirational leader who has succession planning in mind.
With the gravitas and confidence to lead a large team, this role will encompass the following broad range of duties:
- Deliver a high level of accuracy in delivery (to schedule) and performance from the warehouse in Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Management of the warehouse to enable accurate storage and order processing.
- Managing the provision of the necessary equipment (FLT`s).to provide facilities to for staff to achieve picking rates.
- Work to department KPI`s, monitor performance and manage the daily volumes and accuracy of the team.
- Manage and develop production team.
- Manage and develop stock control team.
- Manage and develop warehouse team
- Standardising procedures and developing performance management systems to enable best practice to be shared throughout the organisation.
- Manage and develop the ERP to provide accurate inventory records via cycle counting systems available.
- Ensure consistent acceptable quality of products entering the warehouse, ensure packaging and counts are managed and defects are reported to the stock controllers.
- General housekeeping, ensuring that the warehouse, loading bay, goods inwards and external areas of the building are maintained in an orderly manner and take part in 5s practices as required.
- Be the lead in all Health and Safety requirements .
- Provide a first-class service and priority to customers collecting goods. Excellent customer service is required.
- Managing and choosing logistics partners and negotiating rates.
- Responsible for service and repair of the warehouse building.
- Some responsibility for purchasing / procurement on consumables and stocked lines.
- To recruit and maintain training development of all direct reports.
- Recruitment of warehouse, production and stock operatives.
- Appraisal and personal development plans for all reports.
- Maintain inbound and outbound records in compliance with ISO9001 certification.
- To oversee annual stock takes / stock counts and any discretionary / ad hoc stock takes / stock counts.
The successful candidate for this role will possess the following experience and attributes:
- Experience in managing a fast paced warehouse function
- Demonstrable leadership skills- able to empower, mentor, coach and develop your reports
- Provide strategic management
- Ability to co-ordinate and delegate within a team whilst remaining operationally hands on, with the capability to co-ordinate daily activities
This is a role offering excellent progression opportunites and market leading benefits, please apply today if the above role suits your experience!
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Accounting & Finance
+44 117 944 0600