Senior Analyst Decision Science
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH811195 Mar 28, 2022 Competitive
Our client from the banking sector is looking for Senior Analyst Decision Science. As Senior Analyst Decision Science your role is to deliver the bank's Credit Risk model development agenda across IRB
Our client from the banking sector is looking for Senior Analyst Decision Science. As Senior Analyst Decision Science your role is to deliver the bank's Credit Risk model development agenda across IRB and IFRS 9. The models underpin the quantification of credit loss for the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement including regulatory capital requirements and impairment provisions.
If you like using programming languages to build and analyze the performance of predictive models, then this is the role for you!
- Develop and analyse models to quantify credit loss.
- Develop data-driven and predictive models across Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), Exposure of Default (EAD) and State of the Economy (SOE) models.
- Utilise traditional statistical techniques and apply mathematical theory/concepts.
- Build large datasets that are robust and efficient for use across Decision Science helping to maximise speed of development through efficient coding and automation.
- Produce high quality 'value-add' analysis and insights across data mining and trend analysis and develop optimum segmentation strategies.
In addition, you will:-
- Communicate findings and insights gathered through model development to the Decision Science management team and internal partners.
- Support the team through delivery of relevant deep dive analysis and model remediation actions originated from internal and external stakeholders (i.e. Model Validation Team, Auditors, Central Bank of Ireland etc.).
- Mentor and guide junior modellers/analysts to deliver the Bank's Credit Risk model development agenda.
- 2+ years' experience working as a risk analyst, model developer, business analyst, data scientist or data analyst.
- A 2:1 Honours Bachelor's Degree (NFQ Level 8) in a mathematical/statistical /computer science or associated subject area.
- Experience and knowledge of programming languages such as SAS (Base, Guide, Miner), SQL or other advanced statistical/econometric analysis software.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (such as regression, time series, decision trees, scorecards, experimental design etc.).
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills with proven skills in summarising and interpreting large volumes of data and translating into meaningful insights.
- Aspiration to become subject matter expert on credit loss quantification.
- Postgraduate education (NFQ Level 9 or above) in relevant subject area a bonus.
- Good understanding of retail banking products (Mortgages, Cards, Loans, Current Accounts) with experience of PD/LGD/EAD/SOE model development a bonus.
- Knowledge of the current and emerging European regulatory/compliance/ accounting landscape including IFRS 9, CRR/CRD IV and EBA requirements.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
353 (0) 1 6652222