- BBBH800321 Jan 04, 2022 Competitive
Excellent opportunity responsible for defining security standards,implementing applications and infrastructure, managing security operations, and working with all functions in the business.
Job title: Security Engineer
Reports to: CTO
Client: Payment organisation
Work policy: Remote/hybrid in the future
About the position:
As a Security Engineer, you will have mid-level experience in security operations, design or compliance roles.
As part of the role, you will be responsible for defining security standards, seeing them implemented in our applications and infrastructure, managing security operations, and working with all functions in the business.
The role entails:
- Manage security compliance programme
- Define and manage the organisation's security standards and procedures
- Perform security monitoring and potentially carry out forensic analysis to detect security incidents
- Conduct staff security training programme
- Continuously improve security operations through automation and process refinements
- Work with developers to ensure our application and AWS infrastructure design is free from security vulnerabilities
- Work with our risk and compliance functions to proactively manage security risks
- Conduct PCI DSS assessments and security testing
What should you have?
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3-5 years of proven background in the infosec operations, design or compliance
- Interest and a strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong understanding of cyber-threats
- Experience with threat modelling, design analysis, and risk assessment
- Ability to understand software development
- Strong understanding of cloud-based services and concepts, along with technical knowledge and experience in networks, operating systems, web, AWS/cloud-based services
- Knowledge of OWASP
- Ability to explain problems to different audiences - practice skills in the art of communication
- Experience using scripting languages
- Must hold an EU passport or Stamp 4 visa
- Must be based in Dublin and available for work from the office
It would be great if you could offer some of:
- Knowledge of secure mobile development, PCI DSS, GDPR
- Knowledge of NIST, COBIT or related frameworks
- Experience administrating Linux servers
- Experience with the Elastic Stack
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555