- Jan 23, 2023
Our client is a leading company that provides management services to Government looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team - PERM
Summary of the Business:
Our client provides a range of asset and liability management services to Government. These services include borrowing on behalf of the Government and management of many different agencies. The client assigns staff to the various different client' and also provides these with business and support services and systems.
Reporting to the Corporate Procurement Manager, the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for procuring goods and services to meet the client and other procurement objectives. The Procurement Specialist will assist the Corporate Procurement Manager to collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop solutions to meet stakeholder's requirements in line with procurement requirements and deliver value based commercial outcomes.
- Manage procurement competitions from initial scoping through to contract award in accordance with their procurement policy and procedures, leading on lower value procurements and assisting on higher value/complex procurements.
- Draft tender and contract documentation, including e-tender/OJEU notices.
- Collaborate with internal business units and subject matter experts to develop procurement requirements
- Manage procurement competitions to deliver value for money and meet business units' requirement
- Identify buying strategies through market knowledge and engagement.
- Identify opportunities to ensure sustainable procurement is implemented to deliver the goal of being a Net Zero organisation.
- Assist in the development of internal procurement operations.
- Previous experience at procurement/buyer level.
- Knowledge of relevant national and EU procurement legislation.
- Experience of procuring supplies and services across a range of categories.
- Experience of contract negotiation and contract execution.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in commercial procurement, particularly in public procurement
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be self-motivated with good problem-solving and decision making skills
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise and handle a varied workload.
- Knowledge of relevant national and EU procurement legislation
Working at the this company offers excellent benefits including:
- Hybrid work options
- An extensive wellbeing programme
- A diverse range of initiatives: LGBT+, Gender Matters, Disability Awareness, International & Multicultural Awareness Team (IMAT), Sports & Social, Volunteering and lots more
- Excellent learning and development opportunities that allow for full career development within the organisation
- Reimbursement of annual professional membership fees
- Career average defined benefit pension scheme
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.