- Dublin North
- Jan 25, 2023
Morgan McKinley are delighted to work closely with a successful pharmaceutical company based in North Dublin as they look to hire a Principal Analytical Development Chemist to their team.
This role will allow the right candidate to develop technical leadership skills within the Analytical team.
- Provide analytical leadership and guidance to projects - Develop analytical methods for raw material, intermediate, in-process or API methods. The projects may focus on current commercial processes or new chemical entities under transfer to commercial organization.
- Ensure all analytical work is documented as appropriate, (Laboratory Notebook, Memo, Report).
- Contribute to the identification of unknowns - for example, use of LCMS applicable methods and use of LC.
- Competency in most of the following analytical techniques: HPLC (Reverse Phase, Chiral,etc) with UV, PDA and MS detection, GC with FID and MS detection, TLC, Particle Size, ICP, IR, UV, Titrimetry, Colorimetry.
- Experience in Developing and Validation of analytical methods for, Quality Control or In-Process Control, is essential. Compile protocols for validation, execute and compile the validation report for review
- Drive the Analytical Technical Transfer on site - to Production or Quality Control functions.
- Assist in the manufacture and assignation of reference standards.
- Ensure the team meets calibration and maintenance of equipment as required.
- Provide analytical support for Unplanned Events or OOS arising in manufacturing and quality, using the range of analytical technologies available.
- Communicate the results of the analytical work effectively within MTS and other functional areas, as applicable
- Remain up to date with new technological developments as they relate to the process chemistry advancements and ensure awareness of same within the group of chemists and technologists.
- Provide technical leadership to the Analytical team planning work activities
- Responsible for the adherence to our Site Safety Culture by means of the following mechanisms;
- Responsibilities in the above role are not limited to those described and may evolve or change from time to time.
- Ensure Compliance with site EHS systems and procedures e.g. Permit to work Systems, Incident/Accident Investigation procedures etc.
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained in the area.
- MSc. In Science (Analytical focused)
- PhD or equivalent on Organic Chemistry or other relevant qualification is preferable
- At least 5 years relevant experience working within a GLP environment
- Experience in Method Development, Method Transfer or Validation is essential
- Team leadership is preferable
- Be able to work well within a team and possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have good attention to detail and good documentation skills
- Be competent with most analytical techniques and have demonstrated experience in Method transfer
- Be capable of troubleshooting Instrumentation problems
- Be expert on Analytical Validation requirements
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- ERP Recruiter | Projects & Change Recruitment