- 1470 Mar 24, 2021 Competitive
The purpose of this role is to design, implement and manage a permit and licencing procedure to meet the needs of the National Broadband Plan in the most efficient and time critical manner.
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of this role is to design, implement and manage a permit and licencing procedure to meet the needs of the National Broadband Plan in the most efficient and time critical manner. The role is to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the key licencing authorities and all infrastructure input stakeholders.
- Operational Agreement and process with the in-scope Local Authorities/Permit authorities
- Permit Process with contractors
- Records process
- Financial compliance on Licence acquisition.
- Permit close out (T5) confirmation reports
- Liaise with Programme Manager/Network Delivery Managers /Design manager to plan and organise workload to ensure necessary licence and permits are in place in a timely manner.
- Develop process and procedure to interface with licencing authorities and foster a business-like but congenial working environment
- Support the Network Delivery Manager to develop and manage contractor production plan by aligning permit processing and delivery.
- Participate in the structured contractor engagement process.
- Proactively manage the prioritisation and completion of jeopardy licence and permits.
- Support the programme manager with timely reports on performance on work completion to aid forecasting, capital planning etc.
- Deliver accurate and timely forecasts to the Network Delivery Manager.
- Continuously seek out new initiatives, ideas, system developments or process changes that will deliver tangible improvements of programme performance.
- Develop appropriate KPIs for licencing activity.
- Support the Local Authority Liaison PM with timely and accurate reports and data
- Support the Operational PMs with timely data to ensure Contractor compliance with Licence conditions and completions requirements
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in utility operational roles essential
- 3+ years' experience in a results-oriented environment
- Experience of multi-functional and cross -functional project delivery
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate and lead by example
- Extremely detail-oriented, high level documentation skills
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience of planning and Local Authority process a distinct advantage
- Deep and full understanding of Dept. of Environment and Local government guidelines (Purple Book)
- Strong team player
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with National Broadband Ireland.