- BBBH777756 Apr 06, 2021 €50k - €70k
This is an exciting role for a mechanical engineer with a range of experience across multiple engineering disciplines. The role has a wide range of interesting responsibilities
This role will sit with the core team of central Technical Department engineers whose combined responsibilities include technical Fleet vehicle support, engineering support, liaison with vehicle and parts suppliers, technical problem resolution, technical assistance and support to maintenance, procurement and other key areas of the company.
- Contribute to the standardization of best practices throughout the company in engineering, maintenance standards & materials specifications
- Support the management of the fleet, monitoring safety & performance of specific vehicle types & ensuring that all vehicles comply with all requirements detailed in current & new legislation
- Maintain necessary fleet records and other activity statistics, both statutory and those required by the Head of Engineer.
- Provide support and assistance to the Technical Manager in executing the responsibilities of the Technical Section and Head of Engineer Department.
- Manage & co-ordinate assigned projects that are fully integrated with business plans & ensure that the Fleet operates in a safe & cost effective manner
- Review & update fleet maintenance systems
- Contribute to the development of Fleet Specifications and evaluate tenders for new and second-hand vehicles
- Analyse parts usage and the evaluation of tenders for supply of parts
- Provide key support and expertise in fleet component sub-teams on both chassis and body components.
- Schedule & monitor maintenance, repair and modifications/refurbishments of specific vehicle types in the Regions.
- Provide technical support & advice to Regions and Central Management
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Regional maintenance management, supervisors and ground staff
- Develop a client service approach with Regions
- Develop business & technical working relationships with vehicle and parts manufacturers
- Coordinate fleet meetings with assigned manufacturers concerning services issues, safety campaigns, fleet bulletins and modifications.
- Ensure timely & thorough investigations of technical aspects of accidents & collisions
- Contribute to the continued development of a safety culture within the company
- Responsibility for collating and reporting technical and engineering aspects of the Public services Contract with NTA
- Qualified Mechanical/Electrical Engineer (level 8 preferred)
- NFQ Level 7 with relevant experience may also be considered
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar engineering support role or in transport industry
Experience in a supplier and/or customer facing engineering role is desirable. Relevant knowledge and experience in any of the following areas is advantageous:
- Public Transport
- Transport sector
- Automotive industry
- Alternative fuels
- Asset management and maintenance
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300