- Dublin South
- JN -012024-1953749
- Jan 10, 2024
- €90k - €120k
A global MNC listed in the UK and the US and with annual revenues of £6bn+ is now looking to recruit a 3-5 year pqe corporate solicitor to join its in-house legal team of four other lawyers in Dublin.
A global MNC listed in the UK and the US and with annual revenues of £6bn+ is now looking to recruit a 3-5 year pqe corporate solicitor to join its in-house legal team of four other lawyers in its Dublin office.
This is a superb opportunity for a mid-level solicitor now looking for an intellectually challenging but not a one-dimensional legal work opportunity in an organisation that offers a great work/life balance (2 days in the Dublin office per week) and a top of the range benefits package.
The successful candidate will be part of the Group Legal team and will report to the Group Head of Legal. The Legal Counsel will be responsible for advising the Group in relation to M&A, general corporate and finance transactions; material commercial contracts; providing pragmatic and commercial legal advice that protects the company's reputation, brands, customers, and shareholders; and facilitating the achievement of the Group's objectives and strategy.
- Advise on the legal workstream for corporate and M&A transactions including due diligence, the drafting and negotiation of transaction documentation and related matters.
- Provide legal assistance on financial and restructuring projects.
- Provide pragmatic, commercial, and strategic legal advice to the Group and Divisional Senior Management and Commercial teams.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of strategic and commercial decisions and the legal implications that arise.
- Draft, negotiate and review Group related, higher value and more complex commercial and technology agreements.
- Provide assistance and input on board materials at both subsidiary and PLC level.
- Assist the Risk, Compliance and Regulatory functions by offering legal expertise and advice on risk management and exposure, liability, compliance and governance, taking a broad view that encompasses the Group's integrity and reputation management.
- Manage external legal resources to ensure a comprehensive and cost-efficient legal support to all areas of the Group's business.
- Anticipate and respond to new legislation, with the ability to digest, summarise and succinctly communicate how new legal developments will affect the business of the Group.
- Ensure alignment with Legal and CLRO functions across the Group, sharing best practice with leaders and colleagues across the divisional legal teams and supporting Group wide collaboration.
- You will be a solicitor with between 3 and 5 years' PQE ideally, with top academic achievements and who trained and qualified at a top ranked commercial law firm in Dublin or London.
- Good experience of corporate transactions, preferably with an international element.
- In-house experience, either on a client secondment or in a permanent role is advantageous but our client would also encourage corporate lawyers in private practice looking to make the first move in-house.
- You must be an outstanding communicator and be great with people. The candidate will also need to show an ability to translate complex legal matters and articulate pros and cons of legal alternatives without losing commercial focus and be capable of challenging senior business stakeholders.
- Experience of working with clients in a regulated and/or technology sector would be helpful.
- Experience in competition/anti-trust law is desirable but is not a must have.
- Being a self-starter and having the confidence to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment and to manage a varied workload however is essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Manager | Legal Recruitment