In-House Tax Counsel/Lawyer opportunity in growing Irish office of a global Financial Services organisation. Great work-life balance opportunity as the successful lawyer has autonomy over workload.
Tax In-House Counsel
Morgan McKinley has been briefed to source an In-House Tax Counsel for a multinational financial services institution in Dublin City. This opportunity will be high profile with management responsibilities.
The role involves the managing the tax affairs for the whole of the organisation in Ireland and liaising with the tax legal teams across Europe, North America and Asia.
Reporting into the CFO, you will join the legal department of a growing international financial services firm to provide guidance on tax matters related to trading activities.
· Review documentation relating to tax arising from the firm's trading business
· Assist with international markets developments as they impact the firm
· Design and implement new operational tax processes
· Identify and assist with the development of tax related solutions
· Work on new projects to provide insights from a taxation perspective
· Frequent interaction with business teams including responses to ad hoc queries to support trades.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
You will be a qualified lawyer with additional tax accreditation such as AITI, CTA or equivalent.
· Experience in stamp duty, VAT, corporation, and withholding taxes
· Familiarity with cross border tax considerations advantageous
· Exposure to financial services or listed instruments taxation desirable
· Ability to research, learn, and obtain additional knowledge in relevant areas before communicating this effectively
· Excellent organisational and administrative skills
· Ability to take initiative and responsibility while collaborating with a team
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.