- JN -102023-1948765
- Oct 09, 2023
Our Public Sector client in the tourism industry is looking for HR Support. This is a 13 month contract role.
The Human Resources Division supports the business in delivering a human resources business- partnering model. The range of duties include, but not limited to, providing day to day administrative support which will assist the organisation in terms of all Human Resource activity, such as absence management, employee life cycle, policies, recruitment and selection, health and safety in the workplace, shaping and delivering a learning and development plan.
Delivering a high standard of customer service to managers and employees is paramount to support them in delivering on the organisation's key objectives. This support role will work within a team and responsibilities may include the following key areas.
- Act as the first point of contact for HR related queries - research and resolve problems where appropriate
- Ensure relevant HR databases are up-to-date, accurate and comply with legislation and GDPR
- Provide HR support and advice to employees and line managers, explaining policies and procedures in a timely and effective manner
- Assist the HR team with the development and maintenance of HR policies and processes
- Maintain accurate records of all communications
- Contribute to HR projects providing support
- Provide support to all elements of the HR function
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports
- Provide support in investigations for disciplinary and grievance procedures as required
- Provide support on the project management for assigned projects as required
- Successfully engage in multiple projects simultaneously
- Raise purchase orders, process invoices and update budget management systems as appropriate.
Human Resource Information System
- Support the management of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Prepare and maintain the administration of the payroll and sick leave.
- Prepare and maintain payroll information, records and reports as required.
- Prepare and maintain sick leave information, records and reports as required.
- Manage maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave, etc., processes and queries
- Ensure compliance with legislation, regulations, public pay policies and internal controls delivering a best practice payroll and sick leave function.
- Assisting and ensuring the accurate and timely end to end processing of information for the monthly payroll for the Organisation
- Liaising with Finance/ Payroll and other Divisions in relation to employee information for joiners, leaver, movers and amendments.
- Collaborate with the Finance Division and other relevant internal stakeholders to ensure cohesive delivery of HRIS.
- Work and liaise with third party suppliers to deliver an efficient and effective HRIS, payroll and sick leave function.
- Ensure the support for the development and delivery of employee training and awareness system.
- Maintain, develop and improve data gathering, management, retention though the HRIS ensuring integrity of data.
HR Policy and Procedures
- Support with the development and documentation HR policies and procedures in line with best practice
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Ensure the People XD HRIS application aligns with current HR policies
Stakeholder / Managing Relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Support and maintain the HR Intranet to disseminate critical HR information
- Account management of outsourced services as appropriate
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of the HR records
- Provide quality HR reports to HR Team and Line Managers
- Ensure that all HR system updates, enhancements are implemented within deadlines and with accuracy
A minimum of two years' experience in a HR support role that includes a working knowledge of the following:
- HR policies and procedures
- Employment legislation
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Data protection
- Occupational health
A professional qualification (minimum Level 6 under the QQI Framework) in Human
Resources, Learning & Development or Business administration
- CIPD membership
- A professional Qualification in a related discipline
- An understanding of rules and regulations applying to Human Resources in the Public Sector
- An understanding of rules and regulations applying to sick leave in the wider public sector
- Experience working with PeopleXD (CoreHR) an advantage.
- Recruitment and selection
- Learning and development
- Welfare, Health and Safety knowledge
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.