Group Technical Accounting Manager
- BBBH766437 Oct 14, 2020 €70k - €90k
Group Technical Accounting Manager - PLC - €120k package
The Technical Accounting Manager is responsible for the preparation of the Group's statutory financial statements under IFRS, whilst providing accurate and timely technical advice and requirements to key stakeholders within the Group. In doing so, they will also provide support and assistance to the Group Head of Finance
- Completion of statutory financial statements including the Annual Report.
- Completion and review of technical areas of Group accounting including goodwill impairment, contingent consideration and business combination accounting.
- Advise Group functions and subsidiaries on technical accounting implications of current and proposed transactions.
- Preparing accounting position papers for presentation to senior management, the Audit Committee and external auditors.
- Represent Group Finance on relevant corporate development deals and responsibility for acquisition accounting.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as required.
Competencies & Experience required for success in this role
- Technical expertise under IFRS and in a PLC environment essential.
- Consolidation experience is beneficial.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA), from a top 4 accounting practice background with a minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience.
- Teamwork and collaboration and the ability to build effective partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Proven record of achievement, with specific examples of process improvement achievements.
- Displays strong attention to detail and has experience working to tight deadlines.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Jay Davitt, ACA
Manager | Accountancy & Finance