Dublin City Centre
- BBBH781311 May 04, 2021 Competitive
You will have responsibility of leading test consultants through the process of reviewing and implementing new methodologies & tools throughout the client project.
Role Overview - QA Lead
You will have responsibility of leading test consultants through the process of reviewing and implementing new methodologies & tools throughout the client project. In addition, you will provide mentoring, leadership and direction to other team members, as well as ensuring the quality of the team's output is of a consistently high standard.
- Lead a QA team, and gather information from business stakeholders to verify and prioritise a set of business requirements
- Prepare, execute and document test cases based on Business & Functional Requirements to ensure thorough testing of requirements in a fast paced environment
- Work with clients to analyse existing or new processes and systems in order to provide high quality advice and deliverables
- Work attentively with the testing services (functional, automated and performance) to deliver a seamless overall quality service
- Work closely with the clients' Technical Architects and Developers and be able to 'translate' the business requirements to functional requirements for these teams
- Ensure that the scope of a design iteration doesn't vary unless authorised by the Business Stakeholders
- Report issues to management where these could have an impact on a major deadline
- Mentor less experienced analysts and motivate others to provide innovative solutions for team improvement
- Review test cases written by peers to ensure that all requirements are covered in test case documentation
- Re-test bugs to confirm that they have been corrected
- Review, mentor and assign tasks to junior QA staff
- Bring a quality focus to product releases
- Have a customer mind-set and eye for detail with applications under test
- Excellent client-facing skills
- People management skills - introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other, encouraging mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions
- Team work and emotional intelligence
- Good self-management - continuous performance is both an objective and a mind-set
- Have an innovative approach - a bold thinker and doer, matching creativity with vigilance
- Ability to influence Stakeholders
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience in a Test lead position as well as 3 years' experience testing across a variety of environments and industries.
- Scoping and creating functional and non-functional test plans and test data, maintaining the integrity of the test environment
- Test estimation and test planning experience essential
- Quality focused with attention to detail
- A degree-level qualification in a Computer Science discipline
- ISTQB certification
- Non-functional testing Experience within telecommunications or finance industries advantageous
What are the benefits of working for us?
- Collaborative working environment - we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and challenges
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Our Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo
* We are currently only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Ireland for this position
"We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age".
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555