- Dublin South
- JN -012024-1954408
- Jan 19, 2024
A Communications Specialist role has become available for a non-for-profit organisation, previous experience working in a similar industry is preferred. A 12 month fixed term contract.
A Communications Specialist role has become available working for a non-for-profit organisation, where you will be handling confidential & sensitive information, and therefore it is necessary to be familiar and have previous experience working in this sector.
You must be willing to learn fast and get involved with all aspects of the organisation. This is a new role within the organisation, and a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, outgoing and energetic person, who feels comfortable talking to people at all levels, to build and enhance the brand's visibility, services, education-awareness, and strategic organisational objectives.
- Develop and execute a proactive communications strategy.
- Develop and deliver well-executed and effective campaigns; ensure consistency in tone of voice, branding, messaging, writing and optimise content for the website, digital newsletters, print publications and social media.
- Manage a small but busy press office.
- Use project planning techniques to deliver projects and actively manage project deliverables, progress and agreed timelines.
- Maintain, foster, and develop partnerships with the press, key national, European, and global stakeholders, and partner organisations.
- Manage the development, production, publication, dissemination, and promotion of marketing assets including Annual Report.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Understanding of the not-for-profit sector/environment
- Degree in relevant discipline, preferably a master's degree or higher in communications
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in a communications or journalism role.
- Experience of developing and executing an effective communications strategy
- Experience of handling complex multi-channel campaigns & communications.
- Extensive experience in the use of social media for business particularly Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram etc.
- Strong understanding of and an ability to conduct media relations efforts including media list development, pitching, and developing relationships with the media.
- Understanding/experience of brand management
- Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering on objectives.
Ability and Aptitudes
- Be a strategic, creative thinker and highly motivated.
- Have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, presentation skills, adaptability in choosing the most appropriate method of communication for the situation seeking to avoid using one fixed style or approach.
- Have project management skills with the ability to collaborate with colleagues in cross functional teams displaying sound judgement, excellent time management and problem-solving skills and the capability of juggling multiple projects.
- Have a creative flair matched with a pragmatic, can-do attitude with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, manage a complex workload and work to tight deadlines and demands within a small dynamic team.
- Strong proficiency in MS365, standard office ICT skills, traditional and digital media.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Consultant | Marketing