- JN -012024-1953316
- Jan 03, 2024
- £450 - £500 pd
Morgan McKinley is recruiting a Project Manager on behalf of a leading investment bank based in Belfast on an initial 11 month contract. The Project Manager will receive a day rate of upto £551
Morgan McKinley is recruiting a Project Manager on behalf of a leading investment bank based in Belfast on an initial 11 month contract. The Project Manager will receive a day rate of upto £551.
This is an oopportunity to join the Markets Conduct Risk Transaction Monitoring Implementation team in Belfast. The role will require the successful candidate to project manage market abuse surveillance control projects from conception to production within a fast-paced environment aided by a highly skilled and experienced team with a proven track record of delivery.
The role will provide the successful candidate with a fantastic development opportunity to join a growing area of over 20 employees based in Belfast and over 50 globally, working daily with ex-traders with over 200+ years of aggregated Markets trading experience and innovative technology partners producing industry leading controls.
- Responsible for managing and supporting multiple risk and control Transaction Monitoring projects including defining the strategy, approach, processes, quality, tools and reporting that provide global risk management consistency and excellence.
- Works closely with business partners on findings and makes recommendations on improving practices.
- Develops procedural implementation and change management process with Operations and Reporting team to ensure proper governance and controls exist.
- Examines procedures for consistency and gaps relative to regulations in addition to impacts on customer experience.
- Conducts internal testing to ensure effectiveness of controls
- Leverages data to examine impacts to Customer Experience and Regulatory breaks.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the bank, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviours, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 6-10 years relevant work experience in financial services. Ideally in risk and controls.
- Markets knowledge desirable but not essential if proven project management achievements are demonstrated.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational influencing skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead global team efforts.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to see the big picture with high attention to critical details.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy and process improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of SQL and Python is desirable but not essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Consultant | Corporate Accounts Recruitment