- JN -012024-1953479
- Jan 05, 2024
Senior IT Security Analyst, Permanent Opportunity based in Cork/Dublin.
This is a great opportunity to become a key member of our clients IT Security Division, contributing to day to day support of IT Security operations and delivery activities, including but not limited to monitoring and assisting with the investigation of security breaches, security infrastructure, Load Balancers and DMZs, penetration testing oversight and administration, Threat and Vulnerability Management scans and remediation, as well as participating in security change programmes in line with IT security best practices. This is a small team with fantastic growth potential within an established organisation.
- Supporting the corporate IT technical and security standard, Active Directory management, email and file management, and all aspects of Network and internet security.
- Performing day to day support of security, including administration of security infrastructure and implementing security policies and procedures.
- Responsible for logging of all Security events, patching, monitoring and backing up all Security devices while responding to any potential attacks.
- Performing regular Threat and Vulnerability scans and Penetration testing management.
- Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic Infrastructure reviews.
- Lead investigations of IT security issues and breaches and review findings with key stakeholders.
- Lead the selection, installation, and adoption decisions for automated tools that enforce or monitor the compliance with information security policies, procedures, standards, and similar information security requirements.
- Responsible for coordinating the effort to remediate security alerts and respond to security related incidents.
- May be required to identify, extract and document evidence stored on IT systems in order to identify and help prove responsibility for any security incident.
- Assisting in the delivery of internal technology security projects in conjunction with the Project Delivery team (as required) on time, on budget, and at the expected quality.
- Providing input into the technology security baseline planning.
- Responsible for carrying out overall security assessment, testing activities and deliverables across various releases and programs.
- Ensuring all security acceptance criteria are defined and agreed for each project.
- Assisting with the development of mitigation plans to bring any identified security risks within the accepted risk tolerance.
- Communicating with project resources, e.g. architects, developers, operations, etc. at a technical level to assist with the effective mitigation of security risks.
- Achieving specific security tasks and deadlines assigned in order to regularly deliver secure products and services, on time, on budget.
- Actively escalate security assessments and testing where needed.
- Building productive working relationship with other business functions and communicating with all key stakeholders - e.g. Project Manager, Business Owners, etc.
- Acting as an internal security consultant to advise or influence business and technical partners.
- Supporting continuous improvements and best practices within the Security framework
- This position will require some attendance outside of normal working hours, and possible participation in an On Call Rota.
- Degree or equivalent in Information Systems or IT discipline with 5 years IT experience with a minimum of 3 years in Technical Security Infrastructure design and implementation within medium to large organizations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft defender / Sentinel - Highly desirable
- Strong proficiency in Penetration testing management, and Threat and Vulnerability scanning.
- A thorough understanding of operational security infrastructure controls such as Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Internet proxies PKI Infrastructure, prevention products and methodology as well as various user authentication products
- Experience in Secure web gateway
- Experience security patch management, security incident and event management.
- Experience with WLAN security protocols and tools, such as 802.1X, LEAP, PEAP, WPA, and VPN technologies
- Strong familiarity with the development and deployment of secure web technologies required
- Strong familiarity with SSL/TLS and encryption.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with the ability to generate innovative technical solutions as required
- A good understanding of business operations and the commercial viability and impact of technical / professional decisions on the performance of the organisation
- Driver of high standards for individual, team and organisational accomplishment and delivering desired results
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience in Palo Alto & Checkpoint is desirable
- Experience in F5 BigIP load balancing technologies an advantage
- Knowledge of Qualys TVM is desirable
- Experience in Azure and other cloud environments an advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Senior Consultant | Projects & Change Recruitment