- BBBH767881 Oct 09, 2020 Competitive
Brilliant opportunity for a Senior Construction Professional to join a successful Cork Business
Operations Manager - Cork
I have a senior role with a long established and progressive Irish Business. Headquartered in Cork, this company design and manufacture finished products for the building and construction sector across Ireland and the UK. Working with developers and main contractors, they are a market leader in their sector, known for timely delivery of a high-quality and durable product.
They are one of the pioneering companies behind the growing trend whereby factory finished products are delivered in a ready to install state to construction sites.
Overseeing operations within the business, your role will be focused on management of multiple ongoing orders through the production and installation process.
- Work with the Sales Director to understand order flow and customer timelines
- Communicate with the procurement function to ensure sufficient stock is on hand / order to meet demand
- Co-ordinate with head of production to ensure that manufacturing is aligned to meet installation deadlines
- Communicate with customers/clients to firm up and finalise installation timelines
- Manage the on site fit out process, including scheduling the workflow for the fitout team
- Engage external subcontractors to assist with fitout when demand requires
- Develop and promote a lean process throughout the entire operation
- Familiarise yourself with inhouse operational systems, allowing for a strong understanding of where each order is at in the process, what the profitability margin on the order is and where any potential risks may lie.
You should apply for this role if you have:
- Knowledge of how construction sites operate, and how multiple subcontractors have to work together on site to achieve an end result
- A background in project delivery and a proven history in meeting deadlines
- The organisational skills to manage multiple ongoing projects where details and deadlines may fluctuate
- Commercial acumen and an eye for maintaining and maximising margin
- Strong relationship building skills as you will be the customer point of contact in the installation process
- Ambition to drive forward a thriving Cork company
- Ideally, you may have experience in a manufacturing operation
This is a great opportunity for a knowledgeable construction professional to take their career to the next level. In return, you will receive a strong salary, additional benefits and the support of a board looking to take their business to the next level.
For more information on this role, please contact Ronan McInerney in Morgan McKinley
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Property & Construction Consultant