Seeking a junior R&D Technologist for an innovation focused manufacturer of superior quality, application specific food ingredients based in Cavan.
Job Title: R&D Technologist
Job Purpose: To provide technical support to develop new products / and or improve existing products and processes, leading to improved profitability for the Group.
Reports to: Senior Product Development Technologist
* To develop new and modify and improve existing products ensuring continuous evaluation.
* Work within deadlines to submit timely reports, customer samples, specifications etc. as required
* Generation of ideas and progress to ensure an idea is taken from concept to finished product.
* To develop formulations, write specifications and label declarations ensuring compliance with legislation and Food Regulation requirements
* To review products for opportunities for cost reduction, performance enhancement and/or process improvements
* Review, prepare and submit all customer specifications
* Liaise with technical and commercial colleagues including procurement, sales, marketing and distribution
* Prepare working documents for production/QA relating to new products/existing product formulations (e.g SOPs, recipe sheets and specifications)
* Complete technical reports and maintain development records and upkeep of Specification and Product Reference Sheet Database
* Run Pilot Plant when required
* Provide technical support on general requests internally and externally
* To be actively involved in customer visits
* To maintain confidentiality at all times
* Based at Killeshandra, Co. Cavan, but will be expected to travel to customer visits and commute to other sites when necessary
* Responsible for own compliance with the Company's Data Protection Policy and Data Retention Process. Must ensure that personal data is kept secure and processed in a lawful manner and that all activities relating to the handling and processing of ordinary personal data, and special category data, comply with Data Protection legislation.
* To take reasonable care of the health and safety of self and others, ensuring compliance with safety regulations in area of responsibility, in line with all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
* To develop own performance by completing relevant learning and development activities.
* The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably expected. All employees are required to be flexible and co-operate to meet business needs.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.