- JN -012024-1954369
- Jan 19, 2024
- £30k - £35k
Morgan McKinley are currently working with a well known business based in Bristol who are looking for an Assistant Accountant
We are currently seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our Bristol based clients finance team as an Assistant Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to grow their career in accounting and contribute to the success of a dynamic organisation.
Responsibilities include but certainly not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather financial data and ensure accuracy.
- Contribute to the month-end and year-end close processes.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of VAT returns on a timely basis.
- Reconcile VAT accounts and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
- Provide support in the preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Assist with audits and ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate:
- Proven experience as an Assistant Accountant with a focus on VAT.
- In-depth knowledge of VAT regulations and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational abilities.
- Effective communication skills for collaboration with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Salary - £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
- Hybrid working
- Study support
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
- Consultant | Accounting & Finance Recruitment