- BBBH771013 Jan 12, 2021 £60k - £80k
An role has become available for a UK Legal Counsel to join a highly established logistics business, which specialises in the pharmaceutical and lifesciences sectors
This role will be home based in the interim
A European wide logistics business is seeking to hire a UK Legal Counsel, based in Bedford. The company specialises in the logistics of pharmaceutical products, medicines and medical devices. It has recently won a contract to assist with the roll out of the Covid-19 vaccines. This role will report directly to the Group Legal Director to provide a comprehensive level of legal services to a range of companies within the Group located in the UK.
You will be responsible for a wide range of commercial legal matters including:
- Drafting of commercial contracts and other legal documents pertaining to the UK Market.
- Reviews, prepares, and negotiates commercial contracts as well as other legal documents.
- Assisting the Group Legal Director with activities relating to regulatory, corporate governance compliance and other legal topics.
- Managing outside counsel and assisting in court cases where required.
Key Experience required includes:
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister in England, ideally with 3+ years' UK legal experience and who has experience in logistics or life sciences
- Experience of general commercial law (contracts, insurance, IP, leases, litigation) with experience in a recognised law firm as a practising solicitor and in-house counsel at a company with international scope;
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills are required.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience of interacting with senior stakeholders. across functional departments and divisions.
This a great opportunity to have legal autonomy for the UK market and work on broader group corporate matters as well as day to day legal issues.
To discuss this role further, please contact James Franklin at Morgan McKinley.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Head of Legal, UK
+44 (0)20 7092 0133