A Top Tier Global Investment Bank is looking for an Equities Product Controller at AVP level with focus on enforcing control and coordinating with Front Office etc.
* Oversee Product Control processes, including offshore productions, and end-to-end controls to ensure that they are in line with the Product Control standards;
* Establishing a strong relationship & regularly provide the Business with value-added insights on the region's revenue, P&L explain, valuations, balance sheet, control risks, risk-weighted assets whilst providing appropriate independent challenge to the Business when required;
* Partnering with the Front Office and other support groups in facilitating new products and initiatives and developing and reporting management accounting information to the business;
* Contribute to user design and execute regional change initiatives to improve process efficiency and the control environment i.e. participate in the roll out of strategic Equities system stack front-to-back, and strategic Finance transformation projects;
* Identify and communicate valuation issues to PC-Valuations team, and work closely with them to ensure that such issues are escalated and well documented;
* Collaborate with wider APAC Finance function or Global Equites Product Control team on key initiatives/ projects.
*Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* ACA / CPA / CFA
* Top tier university - 2:1 degree or equivalent
* Product Control or related function experience
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Comprehensive knowledge of financial markets and products, preferably in non-linear derivatives, Equity Derivatives and Financing businesses;
* Strong senior stakeholder management and firm-first mentality, with the ability to balance commercial & control requirements;
* Proven experience of exception management and resolution in a complex product and control environment. The individual must be personally strong in identifying root cause, proposing solutions and executing change.
* Control focus, and evidence of deep understanding of end-to-end control framework