Hong Kong Island
- BBBH789384 Aug 04, 2021 Competitive
Cloud-Native Platform owner to act as key authority in architecture decisions for a Global Fintech Company working with the latest technology stacks.
Our client is a global Fintech payments platform that empowers every business to participate in global commerce. They value innovative technology, user experience and service.
As a partner to businesses worldwide, they help clients move billions through one of the largest virtual bank account networks available today, spanning over 30 countries and 18 currencies.
They are an ambitious, rapidly expanding company led by a highly driven, entrepreneurial, and collaborative team with a track record of continued success. They offer candidates excellent career progression opportunities in the financial services industry.
We are looking for a Head of Platform to own the cloud-native platform. You will be responsible for monitoring the performance, stability and scalability of our environments and CI/CD pipelines. You must be an expert in cloud and software architecture, and act as a key authority in architecture decisions. We'd like that you aren't afraid of voicing an opinion on how to do things better, in both our code base, and in our daily workflows and processes.
- Provide technology leadership and expertise to ensure effective and efficient technology stability, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and information
- Own first level platform support and manage escalation process
- Provide leadership and strategy guidance for the Platform Engineering team
- Drive operations and automation to accelerate product delivery and ensure consistent and stable services
- Establish, deliver, and refine a platform engineering roadmap ensuring platforms and products remain current
- Review and approve key decisions across platform team, acting as casting vote in some cases
- Manage tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable our software engineers to test and promote code across the different environments and into production with maximum velocity
- Own infrastructure, third-party connectivity, and self-service DevOps pipelines
- Working with the business to define service level objectives
- Ensuring robust high availability and disaster recovery processes are defined and tested
- Ensuring business continuity is planned for and adequate backup policies are in place
- Overseeing the implementation and evolution of logging, monitoring and alerts
- Assist the incident response process and managing its operation within Platform
- Conducting post-mortems and promoting continuous improvement
- Work with the technical QA team on performance improvement initiatives
- Manage the overall strategy for platform delivery and promote industry best-practice, aligning to regulatory obligations
- Play a key part in platform hiring, training and team building
- Provide solutions for cost optimization
- Understand decentralised platform engineering requirements and ensure adequate resource availability
- Working with key stakeholders
- 10+ Years' experience in Information Technology, software engineering, programming and or IT consulting
- Proven experience in a similar leadership role
- Experience and technical engineering knowledge of a broad range of platforms and web-based/cloud formation and distribution, stretching across platforms
- Demonstrable knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and system requirements including cyber security
- Extensive experience of running platforms within a DevOps organisation - delivering DevOps tool chain and automation are essential
- Experience in delivering successful modern distributed applications
- Deep knowledge of current technological trends, frontend, backend, data, cloud native applications
- Prior hands-on experience in AWS is highly preferable
- Strong and demonstrable experience of system design and development of web, mobile, backend, database, integration, cloud, containers, and CI/CD pipelines
- Experienced in delivering successful agile projects
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research, code-reviews, guidance
- Ability to articulate technology topics to stakeholders with excellent communication
- Experience with backend software development (Java/Spring Boot, Python/Django)
- Experience with modern frontend software development (React, Typescript)
- Ability to participate in agile software development process
If you possess all the above and you are keen to explore, then please apply immediately by following the link!
Any questions, please feel free to contact Katrina Wang at 3907 3979.
Managing Consultant | Technology Recruitment