Sample Project Manager Job Description
Who We Are
At Morgan McKinley, we never lose sight of the role we play connecting talent with opportunities to solve the problems of today and tomorrow. Every individual in our business strives to go beyond for our clients and candidates to provide expert advice and become the trusted partner of choice.
Wherever you work in our business, you will have the opportunity to bring new ideas to continuously improve our service and deliver real value to our customers.
Together we go beyond.
We help organisations build their talent capability. Connecting people with opportunities.
Improving lives - Our People. Our Clients. Our Candidates.
- Always embracing change
- Always committed
- Always communicating
- Always building trust
You’ll be an integral part of our project leadership team and will be responsible for delivering multiple projects across the portfolio on time and on budget.
You will be working in the Project Delivery Team, reporting into the Head of Program Delivery and will be responsible for leading a team of 6 Business Analysts, 1 project coordinator and 1 Change Manager.
As the Project Manager you will also build and maintain relationships with Business Consultants, Business Analysts, the Design Team, Organisational Change Management Team, the Solution Delivery Manager and other third parties.
- Managing and coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Effectively manage relationships and communications with project stakeholders
- Developing spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Assisting in the definition of projects
- Report project activities, timelines, impacts and implications to other project team members and stakeholders
- Ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Managing the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Developing a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Reporting and escalating to management as needed
- Managing organisational change requirements with the business
- Attending conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Evaluating effectiveness of project management tools, processes and methodologies
- Making recommendations for continuous improvement of PM tools and processes
- Meeting with clients and taking detailed ordering briefs and clarifying specifics for each project
- Delegating project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Assisting with the development of BAU processes
- Tracking project performance and analysing the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Setting and meeting budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Developing and sharing comprehensive project plans with clients and staff members
- Continually developing leadership skills
- 5+ Years of Project Management experience
- Experience delivering projects in an Agile environment
- Experience managing budget greater than $3 million
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience using project management tools, e.g. Clarity, Smartsheet, Microsoft Projects
- Undergraduate tertiary qualifications with an IT emphasis or other relevant industry certification
- Formal project management training in one of Prince 2, AIPM, PMBOK or equivalent
- Relevant business and/or IT postgraduate tertiary qualifications
- Recognised industry accreditations and/ or certifications
Hiring a Project Manager?
Our specialised recruitment teams are drawing on over 30 years’ experience in finding the right candidates for your industry. We pre-screen and meet with candidates before matching them with your business so that you are presented with only the best of the best to choose from.Find Talent