Working in Ireland
Over the last twenty years, Ireland has transformed itself into one of the most modern and cosmopolitan countries in Europe. Despite the economy slowing considerably in the past two years, Ireland remains a destination of choice both for employers looking for a business friendly and low tax environment and jobseekers, who want to experience Ireland’s unique culture and lifestyle.
Living in Ireland – Fast Facts
- The currency is the Euro (€).
- Ireland has two official languages: English and Gaelic. English is the main language and is used daily by 95% of the population.
- Dublin is the capital city and over 40% of the population resides within 100 km of Dublin.
- The Republic of Ireland covers almost 85% of the island of Ireland. The remaining 15% is known as Northern Ireland and is part of the United Kingdom.
- Ireland occupies a strategic location on major air and sea routes between North America and northern Europe.
Living in Ireland – Visa Information
Work permits and visas are not required by nationals of an EEA country, although they are required to apply at their local Garda (police) station for a residence permit if they plan to stay longer than three months.
Non-EEA nationals who intend working in Ireland will require a work permit as well as a residence permit (issued simultaneously for the same duration). There are some exceptions to this rule; please see www.citizensinformation.ie for further details.
Applications for work permits must be made by a prospective employer (not the employee) to the Work Permits Section of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment in Dublin and must be submitted before your arrival in Ireland.
Thinking about Moving to Ireland?
If you are considering relocating to Ireland, as international recruitment specialists, we at Morgan McKinley, can give you expert advice and guidance on making the move.
I have worked with Morgan McKinley over the last two years, both as the Group Executive, Strategy and Technology at Qantas and now as CEO, Jetstar Group. Over this time Morgan McKinley has consistently provided us with very high quality candidates from the top tier consulting firms for senior level strategy vacancies. They have successfully sourced talent from local and international markets for "Head Of" level roles. I would highly recommend Morgan McKiley to any business looking for the best candidates in the market for their strategy teams.Read More
Leading Travel Company
In terms of the role Morgan McKinley have just placed, I was very impressed with the service provided and the candidates submitted. The Hiring Manager and the Head of Supply Chain have also given feedback that they were impressed with the shortlist you sent through. Great work!Read More
Leading FMCG Company
Morgan McKinley is one of a few agencies that I have consistently received high quality candidates from, particularly in the Business Analyst space. They actively engage with the brief and are not afraid to ask clarifying questions, leading to a better resultRead More
Leading insurance Company
The candidates provided by Morgan McKinley for positions within IT and Business Transformation are always excellence. In addition to finding candidates who are technical extremely competent, including looking outside Australia for the relatively scarce competency that I need. Jonty has taken the time to get to know both myself and the organisation I work for. He has grasped our culture and only sends candidates who will be a good fit. This considerably reduces the cycle time to fill placements, and reduces the effort required on my part to do so.Read More
Leading Telecommunications Company
Strong execution and change management is in real demand by our business right now and as a result, we want to partner with people who understand the space and, in turn, attracts the right talent. Morgan McKinley has been an excellent partner in this regard. They have a sound appreciation of these capabilities, are thorough in their approach with us and potential candidates and ensure that we are put in front of the right people at the right time.Read More
Business Services Cooperation