FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Submitting Timesheets / Gateway Portal
- How do I submit timesheets online?
- Morgan McKiney uses the Gateway portal to receive and process all our contractors timesheets. To allow you to be able to submit timesheets on the portal you must first ensure you have correctly onboarded yourself.
You will receive login details where you need to enter the following details to ensure you are able to submit timesheets online.
Tax File Number
If you are a Limited Company; copies of your insurances
If your onboarding is incomplete or only partially completed, you will not be able to submit.
Once you are logged in, you will see a list of timesheets applicable to you. On the settings drop down located at the end of the row, you will see the option to “Submit Timesheet”. This will open and you will be able to submit the hours/days of your work week. Please note, the “Per Diem Amount” will remain $0.00, which is normal. You will still be paid at your correct rate.
Save and Submit will send a notification to your timesheet approver via email. If you would like to partially save your timesheet and continue later, please select Save.
- How do I submit expenses?
- On the settings drop down located and the end of the row for your applicable timesheet, you will see the option Add/Edit Expenses. Please ensure you attach the expense receipts only.
- When is the cut off for submitting timesheets online?
- The cut off for submitting timesheets is 4pm on the Monday following the work week your are submitting your timesheet for.
For Westpac contractors submitting via Skillstream this will be 12pm on Monday.
- My company has its own online portal for submitting timesheets, do I also need to submit through Morgan McKinley’s portal?
- If you are contracted through Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Ariba), Westpac (Skillstream), AMP (Fieldglass) or through a NSW Government department (Fieldglass), you do not need to submit a timesheet on Morgan McKinley’s portal.
- Can I access my timesheet on my mobile?
- Unfortunately, the Gateway portal is only accessible on Android phones at this point in time. We are currently working on enabling the portal on iOS devices, and will update you when this functionality is available.
- The system won’t accept my BSB.
- If you are receiving the “Invalid BSB” error message please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am having issues opening my payslip.
- To view your payslip, navigate to the person icon located in the top right hand of your dashboard and click on My Information.
We recommend using the Chrome internet browser when trying to open your payslips.
If you are being requested for a password, this will be your date of birth in the following format: YYYYMMDD
- What should I do if I’ve submitted a timesheet incorrectly?
- If you’ve submitted a timesheet incorrectly, you should request your manager to reject your timesheet approval, which will allow you to go back into the portal and make any amendments. Once your amendments have been made, you can re-submit.
If your manager has already approved your timesheet, and you have noticed an error, please get in touch with Morgan McKinley as soon as possible so we can notify our payroll team.
- My manager will be going on leave, who can approve my timesheets?
- Please ensure you have set up a secondary timesheet approver in the Gateway portal. To do this please have your first timesheet approver email Morgan McKinley at email@example.com with the details of the secondary approver.
The secondary approver will receive an email with logins to confirm they are set up and are ready to approve timesheets.
- How do I change my personal details, like my bank account, superannuation fund or address details?
- To change any of your personal details, log into the portal and navigate to the person icon located in the top right hand of your dashboard and click on My Information. Please note you will only be able to update personal information from Thursday to Monday close of business.
Tax / Group Certificates
- Do I need a Tax File Number and how do I get one?
- Everyone working in Australia needs a Tax File Number (TFN). This must be supplied to your employer, bank and superannuation fund. Go to Getting a tax file number on the ATO website : https://www.ato.gov.au / to find out how.
- How do I know if I am an Australian Resident for tax purposes?
- Generally, we consider you to be an Australian resident for tax purposes if you:
- have always lived in Australia or you have come to Australia and now live here permanently
- are an overseas student doing a course that takes more than six months to complete
- migrate to Australia and intend to reside here permanently.
- Am I eligible for the tax free-threshold?
- The tax-free threshold is the amount of income you can earn each financial year that is not taxed. By claiming the threshold, you reduce the amount of tax that is withheld from your pay during the year. Answer yes if you want to claim the tax-free threshold, you are an Australian resident for tax purposes, and one of the following applies:
- you are not currently claiming the tax-free threshold from another payer
- you are currently claiming the tax-free threshold from another payer and your total income from all sources will be less than the tax-free threshold.
- When and where can I get my end of year payment summary / group certificate?
- Commencing from the 2018-19 financial year, Morgan McKinley is no longer obliged to give you an end of year payment summary.
Your payment summary information will be available in myGov at the end of the financial year, therefore your must register for a myGov account in order to receive it. Your payment summary information will be called an income statement in myGov.
The ATO will send a notification to your myGov inbox when your income statement is ‘tax ready’ so you or your tax agent can complete your tax return.
For any copies of income statements, you should contact the ATO directly.
- How has my tax been calculated?
- Morgan McKinley tax you based on your weekly earnings and also the information you provide us on your Tax File Declaration. To calculate what rate you have been taxed at or to find out how much you should have been taxed, we recommend using this calculator on the ATO website.
If you believe you have been taxed at the incorrect rate, please contact us directly.
Contracting with Morgan McKinley
- I contract through my own company, do I need to provide anything specific?
- You need to provide us with the following documentation:
- Evidence of Incorporation/Partnership/Trust Deed
- Certificates of currency for insurance (e.g. workers’ compensation, professional indemnity and public liability)
- How do I report a workplace injury or hazard?
- All work-related injuries and incidents, no matter how minor, must be reported to both Morgan McKinley and your supervisor as soon as possible.
A hazard is any source of harm or potential harm to a person or to property/equipment. Should you identify a hazard in your workplace which you are unable to safely resolve yourself report it to your supervisor.
If you are dissatisfied with the steps taken by your supervisor to address the hazard, you must escalate this issue to your Morgan McKinley Consultant.
- How long will my assignment last?
- The length of your assignment will be agreed between your Morgan McKinley Consultant and the employer before you start. It is common for assignments to be continually extended depending on the type of work you are doing. Don't be put off by an initial short-term role, it could last much longer!
- What do I do when my assignment ends?
- When the client confirms the finish date of your assignment let your consultant know as soon as possible. In addition please advise us of any change in your assignment details (e.g. change of supervisor / department).
Payroll / Leave
- When do I get paid?
- Morgan McKinley contractors are paid weekly a week in lieu, on a Friday. As a contractor you can be paid PAYG (Pay As You Go), via a Third Party Company, or via your own Limited Company on an hourly or daily basis. Depending on who you bank with, you may see funds in your account on Thursday evening.
If the Friday is a public holiday, Morgan McKinley will ensure you are paid on the first business day preceding the holiday.
- How much superannuation am I entitled to?
- If you are contracting under a PAYG or employment arrangement, your superannuation payment will be equal to 9.5% of your base pay rate.
- Am I entitled to paid holiday leave?
- Morgan McKinley employs the majority of contractors/temporary staff as casual employees. As a casual employee you are not entitled to paid annual leave.
- Am I entitled to paid sick leave?
- Morgan McKinley employs the majority of contractors/temporaries as casual employees. As a casual employee you are not entitled to paid sick leave.
- Am I entitled to any other type of paid leave?
- Generally you will not be eligible for any form of paid leave. However, in some circumstances you may be eligible for unpaid leave. Please contact your recruitment consultant to confirm if you may be eligible.
- Will I need a visa to work in Australia?
- It’s vital you have the right visa to work in Australia. Visit the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship website for more information on this.
- My visa has expired, what can I do?
- You need to think about what you want to do well in advance of your visa expiring as once this has happened you are no longer eligible to work in Australia. Please contact your recruitment consultant immediately if your visa has expired or is due to expire in the near future.
- I am on a 417 Visa – how long can I work for one (1) client?
- On a 417 Visa you are able to work for a maximum of 6 months for each client.
- What are the contact details for Morgan McKinley contractor support or payroll?
- Joanne Fletcher, Senior Contract Administrator – 02 8986 3106
I have worked with Morgan McKinley over the last two years, both as the Group Executive, Strategy and Technology at Qantas and now as CEO, Jetstar Group. Over this time Morgan McKinley has consistently provided us with very high quality candidates from the top tier consulting firms for senior level strategy vacancies. They have successfully sourced talent from local and international markets for "Head Of" level roles. I would highly recommend Morgan McKiley to any business looking for the best candidates in the market for their strategy teams.
Leading Travel Company
In terms of the role Morgan McKinley have just placed, I was very impressed with the service provided and the candidates submitted. The Hiring Manager and the Head of Supply Chain have also given feedback that they were impressed with the shortlist you sent through. Great work!
Leading FMCG Company
Morgan McKinley is one of a few agencies that I have consistently received high quality candidates from, particularly in the Business Analyst space. They actively engage with the brief and are not afraid to ask clarifying questions, leading to a better result
Leading insurance Company
The candidates provided by Morgan McKinley for positions within IT and Business Transformation are always excellence. In addition to finding candidates who are technical extremely competent, including looking outside Australia for the relatively scarce competency that I need. Jonty has taken the time to get to know both myself and the organisation I work for. He has grasped our culture and only sends candidates who will be a good fit. This considerably reduces the cycle time to fill placements, and reduces the effort required on my part to do so.
Leading Telecommunications Company
Strong execution and change management is in real demand by our business right now and as a result, we want to partner with people who understand the space and, in turn, attracts the right talent. Morgan McKinley has been an excellent partner in this regard. They have a sound appreciation of these capabilities, are thorough in their approach with us and potential candidates and ensure that we are put in front of the right people at the right time.
Business Services Cooperation